Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hair wrap Help.

Zaleekhah
@zaleekhah
14 years ago
20 posts

I found a picture On here that just blew me away coz its exactly what I wanted to do with my dreads. This girl had different colors of twine with little charms attached in her dreads and the twine went longer then her dreads to make them look longer. I was wondering what kind of twin i should get and How do I wrap to make them look longer. This is the picture.

updated by @zaleekhah: 01/13/15 08:52:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

embroidery thread and u wanna do a macrome like wrap not a speed wrap

theres many fancy knots u can use that are simple

start with many colors tie around the roots lay all the colors except the 1 or 2 u will use along the dread

then start wrapping and knotting so simplest knot is around and under if u go around and under same way u get a single ridge spiral if u go around under and reverse u get a single straight ridge u can do 2 dolors each go 1/2 way round and under the oposite string again u can get a double spital or straight ridge

oh if u want it more permenant use hemp embroidery thread u might get several months maybe a year outta it hemp 5 or more years

i hope someone will do a demo vid to explain the knotwork haha

theres like a dozen diferent fancy lil variations u can do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
It's Slang!! Those are actually the product of a sort of art project... most of the length is from wool extensions and that's why they're wrapped like that. I can see if I can find the post where she explains how to do it... give me a second... http://dreadlocktruth.com/dtforum/4/1774?start=10 There you are! She explains the entire process in detail with pictures and further text instructions. Have fun!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

i would not do it with wool extentions just do the wraps and once your past the dread length your still wrapping the extra hemp or thread that your using since u might use 20 threads foer a multicolor wrap but u only use 1 or 2 at a time u still have 18 inside the wrap and once your past the dread you just wrap round those 18

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zaleekhah
@zaleekhah
14 years ago
20 posts
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Faelwynn said:
It's Slang!! Those are actually the product of a sort of art project... most of the length is from wool extensions and that's why they're wrapped like that. I can see if I can find the post where she explains how to do it... give me a second...

http://dreadlocktruth.com/dtforum/4/1774?start=10

There you are! She explains the entire process in detail with pictures and further text instructions. Have fun!
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
As it states in the forum post, it was only temporary and done for a bit of extra length. Others even discuss using human hair extensions or kanekalon to do the same thing but with more long term wear. The wool certainly isn't something you'd want to keep around long term.

soaringeagle said:

i would not do it with wool extentions just do the wraps and once your past the dread length your still wrapping the extra hemp or thread that your using since u might use 20 threads foer a multicolor wrap but u only use 1 or 2 at a time u still have 18 inside the wrap and once your past the dread you just wrap round those 18

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form