Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

some advice would be nice!

Saul
@saul
14 years ago
4 posts

I finally got my dreads done using the twist and rip method. I am 1/4 African American and 3/4's Mexican, so my hair is not supper nappy, but it is curlier than the average curly. It has been a little more than two weeks, so I don't know if what I'm going through is normal, or if I should do something about it.

My dreads are extra dry and frizzy. As well as my scalp, which is creating an annoying issue with the dandruff and itchiness. I've been washing my hair with the baking soda, avc, and the oils. But it doesn't seem to work. I don't have any issues with the locking but just the dryness is making me go crazy.

I found this product that is supposed to help with the dryness. I believe is more natural than the mango and lime products.

Taliah Waajid Lock It Up.

Ingredients: Pure Deionized Water, TEA, Natural Herbs, Indian Hemp, Yarrow Root, Rosemary, Nettle, Hydrolyzed Protein, Carbomer 940, Nipa Guard, Fruit Fragrance, Bioflavanoids.

Any thoughts?

updated by @saul: 01/13/15 08:52:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

eh i dunno some ingredients soom good others iffy can u get aloe or jojoba or well africas best hair oils are easy to find in many many stores

which oils are u using and how are u mixing and doing the bs/acv

oh even a tiny bit of olive oil can be used in a pinch

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Saul
@saul
14 years ago
4 posts
I use rosemary and teatree oil. I mix like 3/4 of a cup of bs on a gallon of water with like 10 and 10 oil dropsand i don't really measure the acv with the water. I just kinda add it till it seems right
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form