Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlocks Growing. (DAY ONE)

DISCREPANCY
@discrepancy
14 years ago
9 posts

i just shaved an hour ago because i wanna start over.

i did Backcombing+Crochet method when i started my dreadlocks. yeah they looked neat, but really they're just a bunch of stiff and REAL-tight hair.

i felt pain whenever i tried to move them, i felt Fake cause they're dead Stiff, so i SHAVED my head with joy! (BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH).

who says you need hair to start growing dreadlocks?!!!

i wanna hear some great advices on how to conditoin my scalp and make my hair grow real fast and healthy.What shampoo to use (if it matters), Oils, Diet, ETC.

P.S.

attached are photos of me with a shaved head, and the other before i started my first set.

Thanks people!

updated by @discrepancy: 01/13/15 08:52:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what a difference beteween the 2 pics hahai think rosemary externaly and u might wanna google it but horsetale internaly? im noty sure look up infoi believe in a ghealthy vegayatiaan diet but with good sources of calcium and protein altho i newver pay attention to my nutrition just been veg 28 years and mine grows like crazy (super thick too)hemp seeds are awesome umma hemp shampoo maybe or bronners leave it to be as natural as u can as it grows ot should come in thick n strong and may begin dreading shorter then u expect but im guessing u got a few months minumum b4 u have enough to even be worth watching fir progresssummerishi dunno i think the rosemarty and horsetale will make the most diference and being hands off as far as doert use your choioce and judgment just think calcium protein and well ballancedtake a 3 month vacation to a desserted isle and live off pinecones and moss lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
supp
@supp
14 years ago
81 posts
If your growing your hair, remeber to condition it (But this is when your growing healthy hair, DO NOT CONDITION if your trying to get dreads) I.e. im waiting for my hair to be down to my shoulders before I get dreads (just personal choice) but if you want to grow your hair to about 6 inches, just keep it super healthy. Don't comb it when its wet and thats about it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

dont comb at all but yea conditioning can be good

vitamin u jojoba aloe all good

combing i would skip or youd be tempted to trym split ends every few months no combing no split ends no trims ..quicker growth

supp said:

If your growing your hair, remeber to condition it (But this is when your growing healthy hair, DO NOT CONDITION if your trying to get dreads) I.e. im waiting for my hair to be down to my shoulders before I get dreads (just personal choice) but if you want to grow your hair to about 6 inches, just keep it super healthy. Don't comb it when its wet and thats about it.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

ok theres no vitamin u that i know of i meant vitamin eeeeee

--
supp
@supp
14 years ago
81 posts
Womens pregnancy tablets can also speed up the growth of hair (speeds up the growth of hair & nails) but it depends how quick you want your hair to grow. I was like you (except I didn't have dreads, but I shaved my head) and figured that I wanted dreads, so a year and a half on (with trims along the way) my hair is growing little by little. But if I was you don't worry too much about growing ya hair, dreads are a journey & everything takes time =]
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
I would go to your local health food store and look for a solid multivitamin for men, but one formulated specifically for the hair which it will say so on the front. Vitamins like Biotin, maganese, saw palmetto etc are supposed to be very good for hair health and growth. A multi vitamin like will contain them and more. I also have heard pre-natals are good for this, though i wont take them myself. And yes, rosemary is supposed to be great for hair growth too.

SE i bet your hair does grow well likely given your vegeterian diet. For folks like me tho who dont have the best diets, multivitamins are the way to go to help replace what you dont get as often from fruits and veggies.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form