Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Combing out advice?

Michelle Hallett
@michelle-hallett
14 years ago
24 posts

OK, I'm ready to comb out my wax dreads and start over using TnR then neglect (with beads, I'm pretty certain I will use beads). I was wondering, what is the best way to comb them out, leaving the hair minimally damaged? (beyond what I've already done...ugh..)

I was thinking olive or coconut oil, but how long do I need to let it sit, if at all?

updated by @michelle-hallett: 01/13/15 08:51:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

well u wont need to leave it sit except in the knottiest spotsd so soak em statt combing gently just the very last 1/8th tio 1/4 inch thats knotted go slow it takes alotta time resoak when needed if u fined a vdry tough spot soak it squeezing the oil into it deep and move to a new dread for awhile come back ro the tough spot after a couple hours soaking

post your experience in the dread wax poll too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Michelle Hallett
@michelle-hallett
14 years ago
24 posts

Simple enough, thanks! Oh, and which oil would you use? I have copious amounts of both, so it matters not to me...(except coconut oil smells so yummy!)

soaringeagle said:

well u wont need to leave it sit except in the knottiest spotsd so soak em statt combing gently just the very last 1/8th tio 1/4 inch thats knotted go slow it takes alotta time resoak when needed if u fined a vdry tough spot soak it squeezing the oil into it deep and move to a new dread for awhile come back ro the tough spot after a couple hours soaking

post your experience in the dread wax poll too

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

dunno if it would matter too much

try 1 try the other try em both mixed

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

ikd work on an 1/8 inch not an inch

and if your going natural theres no need for a recovery period since u wont be adding more dammaage

--
Michelle Hallett
@michelle-hallett
14 years ago
24 posts

I'm not happy with how my hair was sectioned off in the first place, which is a huge part of why I'm starting over. I don't think I've used so much wax that I could never get it out, but I just hate the sectioning. And some of the dreads that were back-combed look terrible.

kat said:

I just washed out my wax using HOT water, over days and days , maybe 10 days , 6 hours of HOT showers mostly sitting letting the water cascade over the waxed , back-combed dreads.

some loosened us, but it was all good.

if you want to keep dreading , why not just wash out the wax and go with what you have happening and than let it evolve naturally, no ripping ot twisting, why not let your locs rest and bit, if i may ask you?

cheers and peace

kat

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form