Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread timeline (so far only 2 months in) backcomb/neglect

Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
14 years ago
120 posts
Okay so here are my dreads thus far, there was alot of haitr in the back that's dreading up naturally and on the sides too so that's cool
updated by @gabe-mccoy: 01/13/15 08:51:52PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

the 1 section in the 1 month pic looks huge

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
14 years ago
120 posts
Haha it is, it's because though I technically backcombed them I left a TON of loose hair everywhere on purpose, so they just clung to whichever one they wanted, most of my sections were actually pretty even but certain dreads got none of the loose hairs and some got a lot, thought it would be an interesting way to dread up. The loose hair I left actually knotted up faster then I could of possibly imagined, was that just because there were only dreads surrounding it? idk but like 2 weeks in I noticed loose hair clinging to certain dreads, (and I admit I palmrolled a bit to encourage this)

soaringeagle said:

Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
14 years ago
120 posts

See what I mean by the blunted tips though in the 3 month pic? Does it look horrible?

soaringeagle said:

Andelynn
@andelynn
14 years ago
50 posts
I am so glad you posted these because this is just about exactly what mine look like! I wonder if I'm on the right or even a good track, so I sometimes look around to see what pictures other people have posted and it makes me feel much better. I think you are looking good and you and I are still very early in our dreading journey so I am thinking we both just need to keep doing what we're doing.. which is mostly nothing! lol! :) Thanks again for sharing!

Gabe McCoy said:

See what I mean by the blunted tips though in the 3 month pic? Does it look horrible?

soaringeagle said:

Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
14 years ago
120 posts
Hey thanks a lot man! I definitely agree, I'm actually enjoying not being all the way locked yet, it's interesting to see what happens to me :)

Andelynn said:
I am so glad you posted these because this is just about exactly what mine look like! I wonder if I'm on the right or even a good track, so I sometimes look around to see what pictures other people have posted and it makes me feel much better. I think you are looking good and you and I are still very early in our dreading journey so I am thinking we both just need to keep doing what we're doing.. which is mostly nothing! lol! :) Thanks again for sharing!

Gabe McCoy said:

soaringeagle said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

they woulda dreaded natureally ijn 2 weeks

the blunt tips dont look horible thety definqteloy dont lok as forced as most

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags