Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New to dreads i have questions. Help?

Melissa Petito
@melissa-petito
14 years ago
1 posts
So im new to everything dreads. Like I'v known about them and have wanted them for a really long time. I want to start dreading but i have no ideal where to start. I dont know anyone who has or has had dreads. I also have heard about being able to get like exstentions or something to make your hair longer for dreads, but right know i tootaly clueless. Ahh help. i want to get started on them, i totaly love everything about them. lol
updated by @melissa-petito: 01/13/15 08:50:38PM
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
easiest thing in the world.... stop using shampoo and stop using anything to comb your hair.all u have to do is find something your scalp is comfortable with, some kind of soap to wash. i use baking soda-vinegar combination, there is a recipe on this site, its great...and separate strands of hair by hand every week or so..in a years time u have dreads..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok further clarificationthe best easiest way is the natural dreads ..traditional dreads aka neglect thats by continuing to wash but with a non residue non conditioning substance (soap or the bs/acv)u stop combingin bout 2 weekds the hair seperates into secyions on its own and they begin to knot as these clumps form just keep em seperated so they dont grow rogether into huge dreadsother methods depend on race slightlytwist and rip is recomended for non african races backcombibngs another option but id recomend twist and ripif african then twistsd (theres a half dozen diferent types) will become dreadsi would recomend going natural if you canextentions..i dont see a point altho dreads do shrink for 1st 8 months after that they grow and growif your hairs real long they shrink more then if its shortthe thing about extentions is they shouldnt be added for the 1st 8 months anyways till the dreads are well establishedby then theyre beginning to growmine started at only a couple inches and now are a foot or more past my toesa year after getting the extentions you'll probly wsanna cut em off anywaysand they can be expensive

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form