Using honey as bad as wax?

Brick Layer
@brick-layer
14 years ago
15 posts

soaringeagle said:
ok but having dreads in a month is alot to expect i mean its possible
but dont expect too much
if u are sure u wanna use honey hardly use any and wash it out thoroughly when u can

its not as bad as wax cause it comes out
but its not as goods as nothing cause its sticky
Yep im not expecting too much as long as they turn out good then im happy. Could anyone recommend me with how i should section it too?
updated by @brick-layer: 07/13/15 11:50:44AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
section as thick as u want the dreads if u want thin then pencil sized if u want thick then guarter sized

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
Yo just my opinion but dreads are not something that happens overnight, unless you consider dread extensions given how short your hair is. So maybe forget about that "Gotta have em by so so..." like you have some important earnings report your boss needs by next thursday. Its dreads. Watch your hair grow and change, its worth the journey.

If your hair is only an inch or so dont expect much. Yes, nappy hair like ours can "dread" at nice short lengths, but even then that is not dreads, it is "matted poof balls". So you got a ways to go. Leave the honey alone cause lord knows nappy hair has a bad enough time trapping lint and other foreign material as it is.
Ashley Ross
@ashley-ross
14 years ago
4 posts
I dont understand this whole needing wax to twist, thing??? Neither honey nor wax, dreads your hair.... AT ALL. The most it will do is hold your twists together...and thats what they will be... twists. Because the stickiness will not allow your hair to knot together. You can twist you hair without wax (dont over twist or it will cause dramage) and get the same result. twists doesnt necessarily make dreads... it just guides your hair into a section. I also dont think that you are understanding the fact that there is no way in this world or the next that you will have dreads by Jan 12th. Not real ones anyway. Good dreads take time and patience. Lose the honey, gain some patience and your hair will look awesome.
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
How long were you neglecting for? Sounds like dreads might not be the best hair style for you if you want them asap. It wont happen, unfortunately. The quick fixes aren't really permanent...
Beksta
@beksta
14 years ago
22 posts
Agreed with everyone else who's already posted - bad idea.On a side note, I knew a guy a few years back with really nice locks, had them for ages, and according to sources, he used peanut butter and vegemite on his locks when they were young. Then again, he is schizophrenic. lol

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form