Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

this is starting to become an annoying problem

Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
i still have this thin layer of what i believe to be leftover bs, dirt that doesn't come off during wash, and things that stick to my hair from the air. now i've tried to just use cold water and bs, but it still doesn't work....i don't know where to get oils, i have fresh rosemary but dont know if rosemary tea will help....what should i do exactly?
updated by @julie-ellis: 01/13/15 08:49:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
teas fine but nowhere near as strong or concentrated so instead of 10 drops u would use a few cupsu can get the oils a thousand places or buy onlineonlines probly easieast dependong on where u livehow long aree you soaking are u doing the acv after and are u rinsing between the 2how strong r u mixing itit cant be baking soda if u dont make it a paste it becomes a solurtion that degrades quickly the bs breaking down into gasses that leave the hair completelyand the water thats left behind with the dirt rinses right outto leave excess bs behind u would need to have like 1/2 a cup of bs in every cup of watersince u just use a spoonful its completely dissolved intothe waterit has got to be dead skinso the teatree and rosemary should take care of thathow often do u wash?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jennifer stafford
@jennifer-stafford
14 years ago
6 posts
GNC stores (if you dont shop on line) have every thing u need (dont know if there are stores called that in Europe) .anyway, that is where i found all the oils i needed for my locks. and also peppermint oil is good too.(for the dead skin) i am allergic to rosemary so i had to fine something else to use. good luck :)
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
i make it by like 1/3 cup bs, to a full pitcher then i soak for 10 mins, make another batch, soak that for five and rinse every 2 to 3 days, no acv...and i don't rinse before i put the second batch in.i guess im going to go online and buy some oils. thanks for the info.what oils should i buy? rosemary and peppermint?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
teatree rosemary pepermint are all goodand i would totaly recomend u do the acvskip the second bs and rinse it well then do the acv rinsebs without acv will dry the scalp causing more dry skin it will remove whats there but real soon more will show up cvcause the ph is off ballanceif your dreads are very new just make the acv extra weak and dont leave it on long at all

--
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
alrighty where do i get apple cider vinegar.....i know you can cook with that, so could it be at a regular grocery store
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yes ofcourse anuy market at all will have it

--
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
awesome, now one more question, how much should i use with how much water?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if mature about the same ammount as the baking sodaif young just use less like a capful per cup or so use your judgment if your worried biyt your dreads unraveling use just a lil bit and dont leave on lionfg if theyre mature and dry use more and leave on 3 min or so

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form