Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Damn loctitian

Austin Ashley
@austin-ashley
14 years ago
11 posts
alright, my dreads looked great (for my 14 day mark) and i liked them, i did the crochet and backcomb method. they had alot of loose hair but that is guaranteed on the method i used. so i thought it would be a good idea to go see a locktitian. ell my dread are now ruined, and ive been in the process of combing them out. ive lot so much hair though, and my hair i really thin and frizzy now. i dont know if redoing them will kill all of my hair off of my head. i learned my lesson the hard way, but i would still love dread. should i just rodo them? im at the end of my rope here :(
updated by @austin-ashley: 01/13/15 08:49:25PM
Austin Ashley
@austin-ashley
14 years ago
11 posts
well she did this way of needle work that made my dread look all weaved or woven, becuase when i did it they looked fine. this also made them very thin. then she twisted them, and I'm a white guy so that didnt turn out nicely either.
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
just go natural from here. you dreads might just be a little thinner. There is no way you should back comb, crochet, or twist and rip them tho. Doing any of that may finish off your hair for real.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea whast dsid they do tto ruin themofcourse the crochet already did its part to ruin them tooif u redo them just go natutral or twist and rip\your hairs already severely dammaged so do not add any more dammage to itgoing natural would be the absolute best option

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
was it a crochet needle or felting needle?all locticians are a scam and id never let 1 touvh my hair..never..theres not 1 in the world id trustand to use a took=l any kindsaa tool or needle is just dumb

Austin Ashley said:
well she did this way of needle work that made my dread look all weaved or woven, becuase when i did it they looked fine. this also made them very thin. then she twisted them, and I'm a white guy so that didnt turn out nicely either.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea if u decide to tnr id give it 2-3 weeks to recover and in that time treat it well with jojoba and vitamin e and aloe to help heal it as much as possible and strengthen itwell healling isnt really possible but that will make it healthy again so it wont be so briittlethen do a clarifying shampoo to remove any buildup and let it dread naturalyif u do tnr then be extra extra gentleno matter what tho no crochetu already suffered enough from crochet

--
Austin Ashley
@austin-ashley
14 years ago
11 posts
thank you guys for your info and support. i learned my lesson, albeit the hard way but i learned that i should really be patient this time around.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
pretty much all dresad mistakes are made from being in a hurry well with 1 acception and thats being extremely lazy lazy is good except wwhen its so extreme they dont wash or seperate for a year or morebut almost all other mistakes are a result of being in a rush u had already crochetted and were just 2 weeks in when u decided u needed a loctician..u had months of recovering from the original crochet ahead of u but intead rushed off to get more crochet done..at just 2 weeksthey will work out much better now that youir starting over without the crochetits funny how many crochet dreads do get started over in just a few weeks but its still used so much

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form