Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

pictures comparing dreadlock methods at various stages

Bryce Forrest
@bryce-forrest
13 years ago
32 posts

Well, they'll be eight months in a weekish :)

I'm very proud of them. I get more attached every day because they're only getting better and better :))

Yeah, I definitely think the pros of natural outweigh the cons by a long shot. Backcombing just isn't worth it. IN MY OPINION, of course.

updated by @bryce-forrest: 07/22/15 05:09:08AM
Denise ∞
@denise
13 years ago
83 posts

I have about 13 dreads on top of my head made using TnR. Neglecting the rest of my hair.

Before:

This is four weeks in:

5 weeks (3 days ago):

updated by @denise: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Brett Koprowski
@brett-koprowski
13 years ago
8 posts

TnR and neglecttt methoddd and bronnerss

most recent picture is around 6 months

im about 7 months in this point

updated by @brett-koprowski: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

Okay lemme see if I can get this all set up right :P

[IMG] http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/Shanxon/l_cf683de0fb114541b8fc935ce057ed7f.jpg [/IMG]

Before dreads, longer hair but you can see curls

[IMG] http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/Shanxon/IMAG0175.jpg [/IMG]

1 1/2 months in

[IMG] http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/Shanxon/IMG_0283.jpg [/IMG]

3 months in (split my front two bigger into 2 smaller shortly after)

[IMG] http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/Shanxon/IMG_0311.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG] http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/Shanxon/IMG_0321.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG] http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/Shanxon/IMG_0319.jpg [/IMG]

Just about 4 months in so I have progress wish the back would do more but oddly enough that's what I've tried to TnR and the rest mainly just seperate and do it's thing, I have kinda "twisted" to help seperate to kinda distinguish where hair goes and what not but nothing insane and not tight at all I also started sleeping on a silk/satin pillow

Denise ∞
@denise
13 years ago
83 posts

Why a silk/satin pillow? I thought silk prevented knots from forming cos it's so... well, silky lol and smooth.

Shanxon Lemasters said:

Just about 4 months in so I have progress wish the back would do more but oddly enough that's what I've tried to TnR and the rest mainly just seperate and do it's thing, I have kinda "twisted" to help seperate to kinda distinguish where hair goes and what not but nothing insane and not tight at all I also started sleeping on a silk/satin pillow

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
actually i was sleeping on a flannel pillow and my dreads seemed to be coming more and more frizzy cause they would catch on the flannel and seemingly just pull themselves outta my baby dreads and w/ in a week my dreads seemed to be more "formed" they're free to move and knot but nothing is pulling and/or yanking on them either
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
These are just about 6 months, neglect, ripping congo's and a little TnR on some sections I pull apart and at the tips of a couple in the front
updated by @shanxon-lemasters: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
shred hell
@shred-hell
13 years ago
2 posts

these are my locks 2 years nd almost 6 months old, neglect method

updated by @shred-hell: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
13 years ago
74 posts

ok, I'll play... but there's massive gaps in my timeline mostly cause I'm not a fan of the camera and I really haven't been keeping track at all!

I started out with a little backcombing and tnr and the locks were forming quite handsomely... however, I got a date for a surgery that would likely mean I couldn't reach my head any more and my hair grows so fast and is so densely packed that I had the dreaded helmet forming every time I stopped trying to keep it parted into locks. Only 2-3 days of ignoring it would be enough!

So... I picked up the crochet needle, having read somewhere on the internet that it was a reasonable tool for tightening locks and "helping" them mature.

I don't know how old they were exactly, when I did this, but this is what they ended up like.
Dun exactly look like locks any more, but this still seemed a way for me to keep the locks and not have to deal with the helmet forming.

This was in the very start of june 2010 that I did that....
And yes, go on, comment on how they look. I know you want to. :P

Anyway! Now it's october 9th, 2010, 4 months later, and I haven't touched them since doing that to them. Well, aside from playing with 'em while I fall asleep, re-dying the blue (Which I need... again), and washing, like a normal person....

And this is where they're at now (literally just took this pic).

You can see they're a LOT better now, but still, the narrow ends show the tell tale signs of what I did to them.

However, the roots are knotting up beautifully!

updated by @hans-miniar-jnsson: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha i love that :) and congrats on the diet change but why wait till next year to take the next step?

if you do it now by next year you wont look back you'll be firmly committed to it

Rugby said:

Thank you. :)I saw your pictures, I hope mine will look as gorgeous as yours when they mature!

You know, it's funny but back in high school I got teased a lot for having "bad", ugly, messy hair that wouldn't stay put and would go everywhere, even when I tied it up. So I went through phases of trying to brush it out furiously, chopping all of it off, having it straightened (never again! It looked awful), etc. I only realized I actually liked my real texture when I learned to stop fighting it. :) And now those same girls who used to make fun of my hair are asking me how I got my hair to look like this. I want to tell them "I stopped listening to you." LOL

Lauren Halsall said:

your hair is so so so pretty!!!!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form