Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreading up before college.. prefered method?

Jamie Thompson
@jamie-thompson
14 years ago
36 posts
I have been planning to dread for years but my family and job do not completely permit it. so the perfect time for me is college. one because it is low maintanance.... well actually besides the way they look thats it, i plan on doing a solid amount of traveling and dreads seem perfect for that.my hair is straight and about 5 or 6 inches long now, and i have a year or so before college. what would be the best method for me to start?thanks for any and all of your help.
updated by @jamie-thompson: 01/13/15 08:43:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
natural is always the best methodbut twist and rips perfectly fine also

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jamie Thompson
@jamie-thompson
14 years ago
36 posts
what should i do to my hair to let it knot better i wash it now with dr. bronners bars. like every two days but it feels pretty greasy when i dont wash it much.and will my hair section itself well if i just leave it to dread on its own? dont mean to ask so many questions i just want them to come out well.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea they will section themselvesumm wash less often and u wuill be less greasy swich to the baking soda and spray thyme tea on the scalp and leave in between washingsreducing oiliness helps and thyme wand washing less will reduce oilinessalso hot wash freezing cold rinse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jamie Thompson
@jamie-thompson
14 years ago
36 posts
Thanks for your help soaring eagle, how strong should i brew the thyme tea. and should i just soak my hair in some baking soda and water.i get baby locks every now and then as it is, so this should be pretty quick ya?(for them to start at least. my hair is not quite long enough to tie back but i wear a bandana usualy so i feel that will work for the same purpose, i have also heard that wearing a wool sleeve at night will help, is that true in any way?thank you guys
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form