Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
So what exactly is the cause of the dandruff with dreads? I never had an issue with it prior to dreadlocks and I only washed my hair 3x a week then (now I do 2x a week) and I have a relatively oily scalp. So....what is it that is causing the flakiness? I use baking soda soak (for 15-30 minutes with EO) followed by ACV rinse (with EO in it). My scalp doesn't itch at all anymore, but I do still get flakes.
updated by @mama-harrison: 01/13/15 08:43:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dandruff is skin cells drying and falling off combing wiould exfoliate and also stimulate the bloodflow to the scalpif u use a very very cold rinse u can almost completely get rid of it mine ussed to be from hell but i started the cold rince and i also follow the bs acv with maylees bar soap (in our shops) and wow does myy scalp and dreads love iti still get a tiny bit now and then but its a million times better now then its ever been

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
So then simply not brushing is what is causing it. I used to go days without brushing my hair pre-dread. My dandruff isn't bad, but I do notice it since I used to have none. I do use a VERY cold rinse--it i easy to do since it is summer in FLORIDA--any reason to get in cold water is welcome! I will just stimulate my scalp now with head massage when i wash and i'm sure that will work, too. soaringeagle said:
dandruff is skin cells drying and falling off combing wiould exfoliate and also stimulate the bloodflow to the scalp

if u use a very very cold rinse u can almost completely get rid of it mine ussed to be from hell but i started the cold rince and i also follow the bs acv with maylees bar soap (in our shops) and wow does myy scalp and dreads love it
i still get a tiny bit now and then but its a million times better now then its ever been
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form