Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Guys and beads

Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
I was just wondering what everyones experiances were when they put beads in their hair. like reactions and comments from people. Also what is your view on guys putting beads in their dreads....I started to put beads in my hair and i got told its a girly thing, or that it looks stupid because i'm a guy and its just generally stupid (ignorant people). Didn't stop me, I actually just bought 5 more beads and waiting for them :D
updated by @shuaib-ahmed: 01/13/15 08:42:02PM
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
ive not met that many folks without beads in their dreads guys or girls whoever told you that is just being lame
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha who the hell told u that??????????????someones lil afraid of having theyre own sexuality and masculinity questioned i guessusualy the only ppl who care are the ones who have something to hidei know alotta guys who wear skirts those wrap around types noone ever tells em its "Girly"cause noone cares..unless ofcourse theyre hiding theyre own inner girliness

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
only a couple of people said they were girly. but most of the people were like it doesn't look gd, i dont care though i bought some more :)
Alex Angam
@alex-angam
14 years ago
47 posts
Beads in any ones hair is great, as long as you think it looks good that is all that matters. There are some really cool and unique beads out there, just keep an eye out. I have 4 beads, and an acme pale ale bottle cap it my hair.
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
who cares bro, some people will always be negative, and if that is the case then who needs them, i tend to shut people out of my life when they are full of negativity, most likely they dont know shit about dreads in the first place if they are judging you, so who cares about what some narrow minded uneducated person thinks,,,,,,,,,i think men can wear beads just as the females. its not girly...... like i said what do they know
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Ahmed bro..I know where you are coming from? I'm assuming you got conservative asian family like i do as well...im lucky that my folks (only ppl who really matter to me in terms of their opinion) are chilled about it...but when I came back to India after 4 yrs...and suddenly they saw i had dreads..I heard loads of rubbish from my extended family..and we asians have a LOT of extended family..I hearda) he is trying to be white jst cz he lived in england...(i know its more of a black thing..lol..but ignorance never shows much reasoning anyways)b) he is a hippy now..meaning he is a drug addict..they even concocted a whole backstory about how i was "Arrested" and deported home cz I was into drugs..and dreads are the proof their story is right..lolSo really..dont give a fuck about anything...like SE said..i even wear long black skirts sometimes..and chicks dig it...seriously..if beads made you girly and short hair made you a guy...what's our pee-pee doing down there???Allah Bless us all. Even those ignorant people. :)
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
ye i know they are all ignorant people, thats why i bought some more beads, cant find those wool wraps anywhere though :(
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
Ahahaha ye I've learned to tune out when people talk negatively lol. Can't wait to get my new beads XD

ricky williams said:
Wow that bites :( well shoot i got A LOT of negative responses(black guy in texas with colored dreads and beads haha) when i started using beads at first but nothing to kill anyone over yet :) but that was at first then everyone got jealous and shit lol and started asking how i got them and shit its names just brush the haters off into a jar of dread wax
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form