Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

taking the site to the next level (could use 1 or 2 new dedicated admins with some free time)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok so i was looking into ways of making the site more interactive for guests.a way to interact directly with lurkers and visitors and to allow them to easily recomend the site to others and more i came across this http://www.wibiya.com toolbar that would replace our chat with 1 useable by members and guestsa and has a video chat built in as wellit also has twitter facebook youtube connectivity and more (built in translation and many features)sowhat im thinking is we have a coup;e facebook pages i forget whos managing thembut what id like is 1 or 2 admins with free time to take on the responcibility of acting as an "outreach coordinator" meanning set up a official dreadlockssite youtube channel, twitter take over running the facebook etc.getting real pressence on those sites will do wonders for usthe job dont gotta be a lifetime commitment, you can do it just till you want to hand over the responcibility to anouther.the only thing i do want to avoid is a situation with someone vannishing for 6 months with the passwords and having no way to appoint anyone else.id do it myself but im already kinda bust round the clock almostall wed need is someone to create the accoundts and manage them, posting content to them on occwsssionit wont need to be a daily thing at allbut willl require lil more attention then an hour a month.what time is put into it hower will directly affect how much benifit it is to us.being that this will probably take more time then other admin duties (which hardly take ny effort at all) we might be able to offer a small compensation at some point if the upcomming switchover to advertising proves to generate a reasonable profit.(ive worked out some things alrewady to at least cover site costs )theres no promices at this point but id like to be able to help out those who help out the communityi'm expecting to be making a few changes over the next few weeks.the only thing i ask is it not be people who get frustratred easily with stupid comments and peole who like to argue..i hope for people who can put on a friendly face and be patient

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/18 05:09:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ive never done twitter either butu can "tweet" some important content from the site , thats easy u can also post short lil guides that have a word limmit more like a tip then anything like todays tip if your dreads are hard to seperate a little olive oil on the connecting hairs will make your day go easier.vids well once yiou have the channel setup members can make and post vids to it u can make existing vids favorites setup playlists etcfacebook mostly accepting freingds occasional announcements answering messages type stuffas far as twitter goes a weekly or daily tip type thing and tweeting important content from here should be enough oh theres also a flickre connectivity but i dunno if we need that really if u go to that site i linked u should be able to see anll the different modules that come with the addon bar but ones we dont want can be removed the youtube fb antd twitter tho would be a great help flickre i dunno thats up to u if u think it would helpand u are the perfect person for the job i just thought u already were taking on so much didnt wanna burdon u..

--
Justin Gibson
@justin-gibson
14 years ago
42 posts
if your still looking im up for it. iv got nothing but time! yeah i know revived a dead post lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well i already6 set uo up on the fb page so u can work on that but also if u got twitter we got a twitter deffence group here that has a feed of all tye tweets from jonny (if we need to i can make a knottyboy 1 too)what i do is i respond to alot of jonnys lies with the @jonnyclean mention code and anytime i see him send bad advice (all of his advice is bad advice after all) i send a mention to the person he advised and give them good advice with the website (saved 3 dreads today that way) u may get 1 whos already a dhhq drone its often pointless to try to save em but u can try..i do but some are just too dumb to saveso far i was able to save all but 1 well..maybe 2 1 other i never head back from Justin Gibson said:
if your still looking im up for it. iv got nothing but time! yeah i know revived a dead post lol

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form