Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural dreadlocks, from day 0

TashTash
@tashtash
5 years ago
76 posts
Hi everyone, hope you’re all well 😊 I’m just updating because I think the front of my hair is finally holding its sections! 🥳 seems to have settled into a different parting now too, it’s sort of zig-zagging down the center of my head now 😂 I was looking through my photos and can’t believe how much my hair has grown, I’d estimate around 2 inches, which I think is about average but seeing it is impressive 😊

I think my hair is influencing my life a little more, I’ve been focusing on my spirituality and life in general. I’ve always had a problem with beginning things because I always had this fear of not doing it perfectly, but I feel like my hair has helped me let go of that fear. I’ve been able to take the first steps on my chosen path without feeling too paralysed to start, and I owe it to this journey that I began because of this site.

Anyone else had a change of perspective like this? Hope you’re all having a great day 😘
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

sure it affects you in profoud ways.. and you cant start dreading and expect perfect outconme..so that right theres therapy for ya

soon you will have no part at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TashTash
@tashtash
5 years ago
76 posts
@soaring-eagle - it’s so freeing, definitely therapy 😊 I don’t like perfectionism, it’s stopped me from doing a lot of things and I’m not sure where it stems from.

Giving my hair it’s freedom has given freedom to other areas of my life, because it doesn’t have to be perfect, and so I don’t have to be perfect.

I just have to be me 😊
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

we can talk privately sometime i have a few ideas where it COULD come from but need to understand your personal situation

--
TashTash
@tashtash
5 years ago
76 posts
@soaring-eagle - ooh interesting, ok I’ll look forward to that 😊
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

should have the chat upgraded and fixed in next couple days

or private message me

--
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
5 years ago
91 posts

TashTash: Hi everyone, hope you’re all well 😊 I’m just updating because I think the front of my hair is finally holding its sections! 🥳 see.ms to have settled into a different parting now too, it’s sort of zig-zagging down the center of my head now 😂 I was looking through my photos and can’t believe how much my hair has grown, I’d estimate around 2 inches, which I think is about average but seeing it is impressive 😊 I think my hair is influencing my life a little more, I’ve been focusing on my spirituality and life in general. I’ve always had a problem with beginning things because I always had this fear of not doing it perfectly, but I feel like my hair has helped me let go of that fear. I’ve been able to take the first steps on my chosen path without feeling too paralysed to start, and I owe it to this journey that I began because of this site. Anyone else had a change of perspective like this? Hope you’re all having a great day 😘

@TashTash  I Know what you mean about the change of perspective, I've got used to the strange looks I get form people, some nicer than others and I've had some nice compliments too.  I haven't Brushed in over a year now and as you can see there some dread-balls forming at the end and shrinkage is from 25 to 40% with one wicked kong full of lumps and bumps (called Derik).  I too am amazed that your hair has grown, I suspect it will start looping soon and shrinking too...its all good fun!

TashTash
@tashtash
5 years ago
76 posts
I think I might be having issues seeing some posts on here, I have emails saying there’s been replies but when I follow the link from the email I can’t find it here.

@gazzunger-the-grey - I think I’ve had an email about you posting on here before, but I couldn’t find it that time either (I’m not just ignoring you 😂) I really cant wait for the loops and craziness, but for the moment I’m just happy that it doesn’t look so much like I’ve brushed the front of my hair!

I was getting a little concerned about the undercut I have at the back of my head and the dreads just above it at my crown seemed to be coming undone, possibly because there’s just less hair there (it goes a little higher than I originally had it!) so I’ve put some little cuff things in the more established bits and combined a few of the tiny sections with the hopes it’ll give them a little more to cling on to! Was this a good idea? I’m unsure but it’s feeling more ‘together’ than it was 🤔
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

i believe 1 reply was deleted i saw that too

--
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts

TashTash:  I was getting a little concerned about the undercut I have at the back of my head and the dreads just above it at my crown seemed to be coming undone, possibly because there’s just less hair there

I only have hair on the top of my head, al sides and back are shaved, but the dreads around my crown are the ones that seemed to dread the fastest and even now are definitely more "dreaded" than the rest. 

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones

/ 15

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form