Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks Forums

New dreads

lifebythedrop
@lifebythedrop
4 weeks ago
1 posts

Hello! I am currently considering my third set of dreads. My first set was twist and rip and lasted a little over two years. My second set was also twist and rip. I always wanted something more natural, so I will begin allowing my hair to dread naturally via the "neglect" method. Any advice is appreciated!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 weeks ago
28,329 posts

welcome like i said on your profile.. don't use the baking soda wash anymore! it causes extreme hair weakness

other then that a good dread shampoo (like www.dreadlockshampo.com or at least 1 thats natural) and avoiding towel drying

separate as often as you need but be careful not to over separate before theres enough progress and knotting to warrant separation. if you separate before its dreading you might just undo progress

so

neglect it enough to allow it to dread (don't worry about it too much but do wash often)

but don't neglect to separate so you don't end up with a monodread

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Crummycarp 666
@crummycarp-666
4 weeks ago
1 posts

lifebythedrop:

Hello! I am currently considering my third set of dreads. My first set was twist and rip and lasted a little over two years. My second set was also twist and rip. I always wanted something more natural, so I will begin allowing my hair to dread naturally via the "neglect" method. Any advice is appreciated!

yin of ma mates just let his grow naturaly and theve lasted abooot 5 years

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 weeks ago
28,329 posts

mine grew naturaly and are going on 27 years with no end in sight

--
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
4 weeks ago
92 posts

Hello!

I'm on my third try, too and going natural for a little over 2 years now. My first set was almost 20 years ago with backcombing and then

maybe 7 years ago with the twist and rip method. Going all natural works pretty good for me, because i get used to it step by step, as well as others like friends, work, family etc.  Personally i would never try any other starter method again, natural is the key for me.

Best wishes,

Frank

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 weeks ago
28,329 posts

only method i ever used...or will ever use

--
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
4 weeks ago
92 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

only method i ever used...or will ever use

Thank you Soaring Eagle, you are a big inspiration!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 weeks ago
28,329 posts

Happy

--
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus