dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New and inlove

tysmith
@tysmith
6 years ago
1 posts
Hey all,
I recently started the process of dreading my hair, i got thicker ones, about 15 of them! I love them so far! Its only been over a month but they have loosened up a bit and getting fizzy, loose hairs. I know that is expected and im going back to my hair girl in a week to get them retightened and pinned up.
I havent really been doing any maintenance on them , as i was told by my girl to just let them do their thing and dont wash them for a couple weeks! I have gotten them wet once in the shower about a week ago and i felt like they got a bit loose, so thats why im getting them tightened up again in a week! I just hope they arent falling out, there is one dread at the back that is not dreading too well, its really loose!
If you have any tips or tricks or any advice for a nooby, itd be great!
Thank you
IMG_0528.JPG.jpg
IMG_0528.JPG.jpg  •  117KB

IMG_0526.JPG.jpg
IMG_0526.JPG.jpg  •  97KB

IMG_0527.JPG.jpg
IMG_0527.JPG.jpg  •  173KB

updated by @tysmith: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

yikes listen do not go back!  but those sections are huge do you want massive dreads/

how were they started

you need to wash your hair thats what makes them dread.. the dry shampoo only absorbs oils then has tpo be combed out, but instead your trapping it in.

i never like dreads done by salons or locticians because of the fake look but even by their standards she did a terrible job (i know your in love i understand .. but looks like she just slapped wax onto bug fat sections that were lightly twisted..

was wax used?  tell me what you did

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

ok 1 you need wax b gone 1st off everything she did was wrong (if you want huge dreads thats ok but these will be huge and be warned they will take days to dry fully and might stink ..especially since wax was used unles we get every last bit ouit they will rot

www.dreadlockshampoo.com get 2 or more wax b gone and the liquid shampoo. 

interlocking is 1 oif the worse methods thje hook the other and well wax  was abandoned years ago because it was dread death

so she literaly did the 3 worse things that can be done (only feltings worse)

once the wax is out washing them is what makes them dread. they need to loosen in order to dread.  they will loosen then tighten.. you never had to start them by force anyway. they would dread by just washing and doing nothing

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

look at the section sizes, at the roots that is how big each dread will be when mature, barely able to wrap your hand around it. i can tell you a 1 inch dread (those look 2 1/2)  but 1 inch dreads take all day long to dry even with hours of blow drying, and, if they don't dry.. they stink

now wax ..that must be removed fully no matter what.. thats a must, or it creates a soupy nasty swapmp inside the dreads that mold  and rot forms in.

the combo of the size and the wax is just  very very bad

i woulkd recommend dreads be 1/2 or 1/3 that size but that is up to you ofvcourse  (keep in mind might also cause pasinful uneven pulling) 

but do not under any circumstances go back to her.. get the wax b gone and remove the wax.. use it many times after you believe all wax idss gone

even if they fall apart entirely in the process that will only move you forward not set you back

THEY CANOT EVER DREAD WITH WAX IN THEM they are just glued together and will need a lifetime of work to keep them together

they will dread if you do 1 thing only...wash often

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

its mostly the 4 in back i think that look realllly big

--
Dislike 0

Tags