Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Did I make a mistake? New,

marleyoneluv
@marleyoneluv
9 years ago
14 posts

The boss pointed to the company policy of clean well groomed hair when we were in the office and said my hair wasn't gonna fly

updated by @marleyoneluv: 07/23/15 04:26:44PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

tell your boss that company policy cannot contradict the bill of rights

that religious freedom is guaranteed by constitutional ammendment and every case thats gone to court has been won

so ask him if hes prepared to argue his case before the supreme court since its a matter of constitutional law

plus in a company policy ambiguity benifits the employee 'clean well groomed" is not explicitely defined your hair is clean

well groomed is meanningless  up to interpretation so by law cannot be enforced

plus company policy has to0 take into consideration rfeligios freedom and cultural sensativity

give me your boss's number and i will explain the law to him

in a court of law that comany policy wont fly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
marleyoneluv
@marleyoneluv
9 years ago
14 posts

A hair net WOULD be req uired if i was working food right? I think that is the loosest I can get them while still TYING as they said. http://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/publications/qa_religious_garb_grooming.cfm

religious accommodation would u say this has been granted w/ them allowing to tye them up or am I allowed to press the fact that i need my dreads loose? I still wanna know your opinioun on what would be best if I can't manage to tye em up with just the dreads...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

a loose hairnet if your working with foods ok as long aqs all employees are also required to wear 1 not only you

thankyou fotr that link

--
marleyoneluv
@marleyoneluv
9 years ago
14 posts

im gonna give the eeoc a call and ask them some questions thanks for all your help 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

thankyou for posting that link

--
marleyoneluv
@marleyoneluv
9 years ago
14 posts

Yeah no problem it's a really long wait time on the phone I'm going to call my dollar tree up once I get some info from eeoc I'll only be able to call eeoc once for now I'm not waiting again 

lol

marleyoneluv
@marleyoneluv
9 years ago
14 posts

I'm going to ask 

1.if they are allowed to force me to tie it up

2.if they can ask for proof of religion and what I would need to do there

what else??? Haha

marleyoneluv
@marleyoneluv
9 years ago
14 posts

I Need to tell them that my religious belief needs them to be left completely alone in order to go through the process right ?

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form