dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the beginning of my journey

wildrhino
@wildrhino
10 years ago
2 posts

Hi.

So I decided to dread my hair around Halloween of this year. Why? Everyone asks me this. Basically I just felt like it lol. There were many areas of my life I wanted to improve and every time I thought about how I could improve them I just thought about dreading my hair. My intuition told me to do it.

I developed my first dread at Hulaween music festival, completely natural. :)

Later a friend told me he could help me palm roll my hair. I didn't really know anything about it and he had dreads so I thought it was a good idea. Boy was I wrong!! He palm rolled a couple dreads that are actually still in my hair today. The entire process felt wrong to me though... I felt violated, raw, vulnerable, and as though I wasn't ready to instantly have dreads that had been forced into their shape. I actually cried afterwards and thought about picking up the brush again :(

Now I know that manufactured dreading methods aren't for me. I love my palm rolled dreads even though acquiring them was a bit traumatizing. They have taught me many things, mainly that my hair wants to grow like trees into dreadlocks and that other people really want to control my hair! lol. idk why they care so much.

I hope my dreads will teach me how to love myself. I hope they will teach me to not give a fuck what other people think about me. Ihope they will teach menot to judge others!!!I hope they will attract similar minded people to me that renounce materialism and judgment.

Everyday I feel more and more myself...as though I'm coming home to myself after being away for awhile.

updated by @wildrhino: 01/13/15 10:06:30PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome and thats so true thats what they will do for you

but hey at least he didnt roll in wax

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
wildrhino
@wildrhino
10 years ago
2 posts

Hahaha yes I'm thankful for that! But I'm vegan anyway so I wouldn't use beeswax :D

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form