Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

what to expect as we move to the new site, and your opinions needed

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

we are getting closer and closer to being ready to move to the nerw site every day

so i wanted to prepare you all for what tto expect

on the day we move a broadcast message will go outt saying the sites moving and the dns will change to point to the new site

as soon as you see the new site you will be able to login with either your username, or email and the same password, however a password reset email will also be sent to all users, you wont need to reset it but its part of the upgrade process and a way of announcing the new site

members that had joined within a couple of days of the move might not have thier profiles moved over right away but that should be done within hours.

additionaly some new content might be missing for a number of days as it takes roughly 3-4 days to download the sites archive and up to 7 days to upload

furthermore the initial conversion of music and videos can take several days. once the queue is finished however new muic uploads should convert in seconds.

it might be a matter of weeks before everything is fully functional and running smoothly, however the only things you will notice is newest content being missing and music not being playable till its converted.

and now for the goodies and the opiniions needed

the new sites drasticly different..easy from a user perspective but very diferent

every profile has its own forums blogs music (unlimited) playlists videos multiple galeries (simular to albums)

and if desired shops that can sell real goods like crafts digital goods like music or art and bundles of items (like albums or like variety packs etc)

if you sign up for a shop you get 2 profiles 1 to function as your shop 1 to be your user profile

all profiles can have a custom background, logo, and cover image and ive begun to build in more customization options similar to our current design studio

in the near future (and im hoping to get in on the beta testing to have it at launch) profiles will be able to have thier own domain!

whats that mean? simple shops like dreadlockshampoo or any others can map that domain to thier shop profile on the site selling through the sites shop interface but functioning as a seperate site...except that the shops activity also shows up in the main sites activity feed

so its a seperate site but connected and gains exposure through the main page

theres way more i can rant on about like the ability to unify every 1 of your social networks activity into a timeline (i think it might even alow cross posating so when you post to the site your activitry is posted to fb twitter etc etc but im not sure)

the abiklity to search youtube through the site and bulk import all the videos that interest you

the ability to upload full length hd quality videos

the ability to rate and tag every item and have those tags show in a tag cloud for easy navigation

the ability to add "influences" to your profile so searching can find music thats simular to your tastes

the ist goes on and on

now heres where i need opinions and mostly from shop owners

as it is now i have every option availab,le on shops including vimeo and soundcloud integration forums guestbooks blogs etc

many of these options can be useful to shops but some are just "clutter" that might not be used

so id like to kbow what options youd likeenabled and disabled on your shops

ill take an average and make that the default and can create custom quoutas for specific needs but just would like opinions on what you think the defaults should be

there is still no eta onexactly when we will be moving

it could be in the next 2 weeks more likely 3-4

but i can practicly guarantee that it will be no later then sometime in jan

it will be about 4 days till i have a fully functional but not yet perfected preview ready

ps

ive sunk alotta money into this...alot

and adding the chat modules going to be nearly another 200 (i know its alot but its the best option ive found unless someone out there canhelp me develop our own built in option)

if u can donate please do if not thats ok

1 thing though you can do after launch is contact your freuinds on etsy or with privately published shops and recomend they consider joining our growing family

with all the improvements i expect an exploision of activity ..not right away but shortly after launch

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 10:06:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

just found out that the profile domain thing might be ready when we move

and i think ill be able to start the data re-import in about 24 hours

i will then just need to work on a couple other minor projects and we should be good to go

the upgrade might be possible in the next 2-3 weeks maybe

we maybe chatless temporarily after the move however

but as quickly as things are being developped that shouldnt be too teribly long

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

ill be doing the data wipe and start the re-import process in about 2 maybe 3 hours tops

once its done ill have a lil job for anyone willing to do it actualy 2

1 recreate but an updated version of the faqs page (theres a simple faqs module on the profiles u just put in questions and answers) it also has categories so want a dreadlocks faqs and a site use faqs

the site use faqs will require you to use the site and think up a list of questions that i'll give ya the answers to

an d 2nd all "pages" arepulled in as orphans and need to be assigned to theright places some to groups some to the main progfiles pages

so basicly you'll just have to search thissite for the page find where it belongs and i believe its just a dropdown list to select where to put it

real simple stuff

i can do it ofcourse myself but gonna be busy with other stuff too so anyone that can do a lil of the simple stuff like this would be a big help

we are getting closer to the move in date every day and could possibly be this week

probably next but if possible it will be this week

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form