Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to moisturise and dry newly natural growing dreads?

scott corleone
@scott-corleone
10 years ago
3 posts
heyive been growing my natural dreads for a while i literally cut my hair in july and havent combed it yet, its afro hair and takes forever to grow so now they are starting to really curl and a few buds ..... loose but they are there, ive been washing using baking/apple cider vinigar ..... been air drying it when it was short but now cold is here i need to towel dry so couple days ago i did that in a clockwise mannor and im wondering if that is okay to do? also ive read bout using shea butter to moisture but unsure how to apply it .... if anyone has any info about afro hairdreading could you answer these issues plus tell me nything i need to know. Always wanted dreads but never got it to happen so now i hope its happening i dont wanna mess it up and have to start again as i wont have paiyence to do so
updated by @scott-corleone: 01/13/15 10:06:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

with your hair type stop using baking soda and acv use the dreadlockshampoo.com bars and u shiuldfnt need to moisturize much if u do a lil jojoba in alotta water as a rinse goes a long way

id use a blow dryer not a towel

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
scott corleone
@scott-corleone
10 years ago
3 posts
okay cool ..... is rubbing it when drying bad as some say it is and some say its not....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well the thing with rubbing is one timer u might think wow its so much knottier now and another time be like holy crap there goes 3 months of progress

it can create knots.. or can totalt wipe them oit

its bertter to just let them happen and try not to interfere as much as u can

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
scott corleone
@scott-corleone
10 years ago
3 posts
yh i got that last time i rubbed and it all kindq fell into place si i thought it was a good way but i just got lucky
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form