Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Clarifying Shampoo.

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
10 years ago
198 posts
I don't know how credible ragingrootsstudio is but this is what they said about the dreadlockshampoo bars: "The dreadlockshampoo.com bars did not even pass the initial body wash test and left a VERY visible build-up. I LOVE the smell of it and still use it occasionally as a body wash, but I will never let it touch my hair!"
updated by @mamakittylove: 07/22/15 05:59:00AM
Claire3
@claire3
10 years ago
36 posts
How long did it take everyone to realize the liquid bronners was not going to work? I have washed my hair twice with it & so far, no issues. I love the way the Lavender smells & also love that you can use it for so many other purposes.
Claire3
@claire3
10 years ago
36 posts
Also, thank you for the suggestion, Baba. :)
Ixchel
@ixchel
10 years ago
597 posts

i don't know about their shampoo advice but they had some horrible maintenance advice before so i stopped looking there for any good info.

MamaKittyLove said:

I don't know how credible ragingrootsstudio is but this is what they said about the dreadlockshampoo bars: "The dreadlockshampoo.com bars did not even pass the initial body wash test and left a VERY visible build-up. I LOVE the smell of it and still use it occasionally as a body wash , but I will never let it touch my hair!"
Little Wing
@little-wing
10 years ago
41 posts

For me, it took me around a month to realise Dr Bronner's was leaving me residue. I thought the sectioning and all was progress, but noup... Just hair gathered with a layer of something (which collected dust really easy too), And I repeat, my water is soft, I diluted it as recommended in here... So for me it didn't work.

Actually you know what's funny?

Today I met one friend and I saw his hair really well sectioned, not greasy at all, so I asked him if he didn't brush and he told me "he forgets". Then I asked if he was growing dreadlocks and he told me "Absolutely not". And I was like... Then, what do you use to wash it? Because, for your information, if you haven't noticed, I have around 7 weeks trying to dread, I changed already of "washing" around 3 times and I look normal, isn't it?

And he told me... You know what I use for washing? A shampoo that is made here, one coming in a blue bottle. I wash it twice per week and usually don't comb it because I forget, but sometimes I do run my fingers through.

And I was like... Well, actually I used that simple shampoo before dreading and yeah, I remember it used to knot my hair A LOT. And it's really funny that I've been trying all this time to knot and nothing and you just wash with that and that don't have any intention to dread, you have even better progress than me.

And he just told me: Stop over thinking and leave it alone...

I think he's right.

Actually, today I felt the hair so oily (I washed on wednesday with just BS and last sunday with BS/ACV - this super diluted since I felt it over conditioned my hair) so I bought one bottle of that simple shampoo and decided to give it a try and stop worrying. Because actually, my hair had NEVER been oily until now that I've been changed to Dr Bronner's and BS/ACV. I really don't know what's wrong, honestly. Probably I am gonna use this shampoo and BS, like switching from time to time.

So let's see how it goes for me, hehehe. Wish me luck.

Cody Harder
@cody-harder
10 years ago
30 posts

I am also in this same camp with the bronners, as i just stopped combing my hair about a week ago. According to my city's website, my water is on the edge of being soft and slightly hard. I'm honestly hoping that using bronner's works out because it's so durned cheap once you dilute it. So far so good,it's only been a couple of washes, so i will see soon enough. I found that adding a few pinches of sea salt to diluted bronners seems to help my hair get in a locking mood.

Claire said:

How long did it take everyone to realize the liquid bronners was not going to work? I have washed my hair twice with it & so far, no issues. I love the way the Lavender smells & also love that you can use it for so many other purposes.
Cody Harder
@cody-harder
10 years ago
30 posts

Welll... update on the washing sitch. So, I got real with myself and realized that Bronners was indeed leaving a tacky residue in my hair, even though my water's only "slightly hard." I've switched over to BS and VERY light acv rinses for the time being. My hair is feeling much cleaner since then, but yeah, like a lot of folks I too experienced what seemed to be an "undoing of progress," which really was the Bronners residue washing out of my hair slowly but surely after switching it up.

I also have some of Vicki's liquid soap, which i tried once and was AmAzInG, gonna use that fo sho. Sorry Bronners...we part ways after many long years.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form