Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

update on the new site

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i want to let you know about a new update to the new site that was just added minutes ago (but havent fully activated yet)

articles and author stats

right now on 2.0 (this site) we have a bunch of "guides and pages" that are in the double dropdown menu on the left side as seen below

with the new feature on the new site all these pages will be imported into the articles feature and will show up in the menu as "guides and pages"

furthermore they can be arranged by category

when you create 1 there wont be any profile icon or link to your profile page associated with the page, however at the bottom of the page is an optional "authors bio box" where you can write a lil blurb about yourself and your profile pic will show up there

right now i have it set to featured members only can contribute articles (and need to be reviewed 1st)

but can change that

also the articles features available within groups too and group moderators and admins can determine who can submit them

how this will work (i believe havent had enough time to work with it yet)

when you click guides and pages in the menu a page opens with the category tabs at the top

underneath that is the pages within the current category in excerpt form then clicking any of those opens the full articles you can enable commenting on them if desired (you should)

in the guides and pages we will have as categories (can add more)

dreading guides dreadlocks methods dreadlocks maintenancce caring for dreads and reviews and views (think ill rename it views and reviews ..sounds less awkward for some reason)

dreaducation will go under dreading guides so will faqs

rhe jonny clean a nasty way to dread and dreadheadhq/knottyboy reviews page under views and reviews the rest are self explanatory

note currently ion 2.0 dreaducations actualy a forum post added to the meny, after migration, the new dreaducation page as an article will be updated and edited slightly to make it unique, while the migrated forum version will have a "this page archived see new version here (link)" and replies to the old version closed

i should have the articles feature activated and dreaducation added to it in the next 15 minutes or so and ill edit this with the link

heres the link only 1 article "dreaducation" added so far http://ww3.dreadlockssite.com/guides-and-pages

this should make the site far easier to use , and also give a nice lil cred boost to authors of each article

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

added the link

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

lil more updated info the authors bio acts kinda like a signature, once u add it to a blog post or article its added to all of your blogs and articles the same way

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form