Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

TnRs starting to twist at the roots??

Megan Atwood
@megan-atwood
10 years ago
40 posts
I only have about 15-20 maybe TnR dreads that I let section naturally before TnR and I've let the rest go natural because of how well its been sectioning and knotting on its own. I have a concern about what my TnRs are doing though and its making me think about brushing them out to start over. They are litteraly twisting themselves at the roots! I this normal? I've thought maybe I can correct it by untwisting and using some beads or peyote stitches to keep them from twisting back up, but I don't want to try anything until I know if anyone else has had or seen this before. I'm really not sure if this is just part of what happens with TnR or if maybe they were started wrong, its only happening to a few of my started dreads and the rest are ok. Would it be best to leave the ones that are twisting themselves, try to untwist, or just brush them out? I really wouldn't want to brush the trouble ones, just the thought of picking up a brush again makes me kinda sad.
updated by @megan-atwood: 01/13/15 10:03:03PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

looping or twisting?

if its indeed twisting i can imagine its just from how you did it ..ie if your pulling it forward as u tnr or upward etc as its getting used to hanging down they twist around from the position they were in while tnring ..in a few months they will be more used to hanging down and start to dread that way

at least thats what i believe is happening

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Megan Atwood
@megan-atwood
10 years ago
40 posts
It's definitely twisting. Prominent spirals at the roots of a couple of them. I can turn them around and the root is straight and when I let it go it just twists back up. I only did that a couple times though to confirm what I thought was going on. Noticed it when I was separating after a wash last night. I wish it were looping. Lol. I had a friend help and not sure if it was him or I that did the ones that are doing this so it may just be from a weird angle, but do you think they'll straighten and sort themselves out, or if beads could help?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

they will sort themselves out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Megan Atwood
@megan-atwood
10 years ago
40 posts
Great, I'll just ignore it then. I just know that twisting generally isn't a good thing if forced especially with Caucasian hair and thought it was kinda strange that they did that on their own.
CoriElaine
@corielaine
10 years ago
173 posts

I have a couple who use to be twisted like yours, they're fine now, so I'd just let them be. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form