Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

One and a half years of natural dreadlocks

Kate Joy
@kate-joy
10 years ago
1 posts
I year and half ago i decided to look into dreading my hair. I realized I was always struggling with my hair (it is really rebellious) and though maybe dreading it would get me to except it for what it was. I had a few friends that had dreads but they used wax and had a hard time keeping them clean. My concept of dreads was the super strait neat ones, and I had short hair so I wasn't even sure if I could dread it. Thats when I found this site. Even though I didn't participate in the forums, I would come on this site and browse the pictures of peoples timelines. They were all so beautiful, as they twisted and told their own story! How unique everyone was in their journey. One the days I felt insecure about my hair This site would help me fall in love all over again with the process. It took me 8 moths for my dreads to form. And by the end of it I had completely excepted my hair. I fell in love with the messy stage, waking up every morning to new surprises and my hair seemed to be formed by my dreams. Sometime along the way I realized that the choice of how I would see myself that day would be my reality as well as how people would see me. Funny how image is just an illusion that we ourselves produce! What a gift of freedom! What other hair can do that?So I cam here today to thank all of the people who inspired me, and to maybe do some inspiring myself. Because what is a gift if you can't give a little back?
updated by @kate-joy: 01/13/15 10:02:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

wow they look awesome

and you look so much better with dreads..happier too more confident

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus