Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help Needed Please

Malik Lewis
@malik-lewis
10 years ago
3 posts

Ok so due to my circumstances total neglect method is out of the question. I am African-American with curly hair but my hair is very soft so my friend that I plan to have twist my hair told me that it would need wax because its too soft and will simply come undone. Add that on top of all the physical training I do (Amature MMA fighter) this all makes for a very stressful, seemingly futile effort. When she "mock" twisted some of my hair for me to see if I had the length needed, she pulled two strains of hair and twisted them together...I think thats the sister-lock method? Is that the best way to twist it?

updated by @malik-lewis: 01/13/15 10:01:38PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

sisterlocks interlock 1 of the worse methods there is she (i hope) dud 2 strand twists..anyone that dares tell you u need wax doesnt know a thing about dreads and shouldnt be alowed anywhere near your hair

why cant you dread naturaly? theres no circumstances that would prevent that

but you can do twist and rip ..do it yourself

or twists but do it yourself properly

never retwust

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Malik Lewis
@malik-lewis
10 years ago
3 posts

IDK if what she did was sister locks lol. Basically she just took two parts of hair and twisted them together.

I cant do neglect method due to Nursing. The teacher or clinical staff wont allow me to just walk in with my hair unkempt like that. Atleast if its twisted it looks like Im doing something with it.

Whats the proper way to twist them?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy legally they have to if you twust then they can tell you to undo it uf you go natural then if they are for spiritual reasons its ullegal..and unconstututional for them to say anything..

--
Malik Lewis
@malik-lewis
10 years ago
3 posts

If I do decide to go through with twisting it what is the proper way?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

theres several but if yours isnt the kinky type then comb coils work better..tnr would be best over all m(well naturals best by far)

but theres just straight twists 2 or 3 or 4 strand twusts etc

just finger twistings fine

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form