Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can they be saved!?

sam9
@sam9
10 years ago
1 posts

Hello! My name is Samantha and I have let my hair do it's thing for around 6 months now.

After I had my son i gave him my full attention and I neglected separating my hair. I left it in a hairband. I have no idea what to do now. I followed the advice of ripping them apart as best i could, but they will not rip any further and it seems that the my ripping has only made the base more of a matted mess. The roots are loose and undreaded. the mid section/base is a thick matted ball/web, only the ends are free. Any more advice is much appreciated. ( I will keep trying to rip for now )

I haven't been able to upload a picture but i drew one on " ms paint " I hope it can show exactly what i mean. I really would hate to have to cut them off.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

updated by @sam9: 01/13/15 10:01:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

y uploaded that drawing u should be able to upload a photo same way (or click the 2nd button on the toolbar to add it to the post)

well thats a tough call if its as fused as the drawing looks it must be uncomfy to sleep on

ok recomendations ..or well possible courses of action since some are not quite recomendsations just things yoiu could consider

1 ..leave it be and have a crazy assed dread that will be harder to care for but truly unique

2 have someone u trust carefully pill them away from eachother and with a razorblade or exacto knife surgicaly slice through but only a tiny but at a time to try to release it then rip the rest of the way..its a risky option

3 get help from a loctician..this is the only case where id ever suggest a loctician and you must make absolutely sure that they understand all you want is separating nothing at all else no wax crochet interlocking etc etc..and watch them like a hawk when they do it making sure they do absoluteness nothing but seperating..also before having it done interview them thoroughly and post here what they plan on doing to seperate..depending on the loctician this may actually be the best option if its as bad as the drawing looks

4 carefully comb it all out and start over..this actually is overall the best option most likely but also the most emotionally traumatizing and the hardest decision

but post a real photo before deciding that may change the suggestions dramatically

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form