dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose Tips and Loose Sections

Iric
@iric
10 years ago
3 posts

Hi EveryONE,

I've searched the forums already and the most posted piece of advice is to leave my dreads alone but I'm a little disappointed in what's happening to my dreads. After 3 years of letting my hair lock up Naturally I'm starting to have loose tips and sections of some of my dreads are becoming loose as well which I have never had a problem with until recently. I wash with BS and have since the beginning. I used to use way too much and it was drying out my hair/dreads and was lightening them up quite a bit. Since then I've cut down the amount (now using about a teaspoon). For about 6 months last year I was using ACV for every wash (every 3 days or so, sometimes 5, and rarely once a week) but noticed that my hair wasn't locking anymore and that some hair was becoming loose. After not using ACV any longer I started using some Tea Tree Oil with every wash and that seemed ok but now, as I mentioned, and it seems all of a sudden, I have many loose tips and some loose sections in the middle of my oldest dreads. As many have posted before, perhaps I just need some reassurance. Hoping maybe there's some more current info or someone who has had a similar situation and who can help. Apologies for posting the same old problem :)

Thanks,

Peace and Love

updated by @iric: 01/13/15 10:01:23PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

your not using the bs acv correctly at all ..not even close and not getting them clean an d possibly damaging the hair id switch to a dread shampoo or start usin g the bs acv correctly although i found after 4 years of using it that long term the shampoos far healthier

loose tips are preferable so dont worry bout that

the loose sections in the centers tho are worrysome and i would definately switch to the dreadlockshampoo and that should resolve it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iric
@iric
10 years ago
3 posts

Hi SE,

Thanks for the quick reply. How am I not using the BS ACV correctly? I haven't had any problems until recently. I understand the loose tips are preferable but now it's as if my dreads are unraveling from the tips. Before they were "loose" but still a little locked. When I was using the BS ACV I only noticed that the ACV was detangling the tips slightly right before I stopped using it. Could you tell me the proper way to use the BS ACV and what ingredients are in the dreadlock shampoo that are more beneficial than the BS ACV/BS Tea Tree Oil?

Thanks,

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

the bs should be a 1-10 ratio of bs to water 1 cup to 10 cups 1 tablespoon to 10 tablespoons etc if your not using it right its not cleaning acv should be used everytinme un mature dreads the same ratio un youngf dreads much weaker

everything un them is better theres a microfine clay that super cleans theres beer tht makes hair very healthy essential oils etc..its hyst way healthier for the hair then shocking it with alkaline then acid

using a teaspoon of baking soda only is not much diferent then using just water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iric
@iric
10 years ago
3 posts

Thanks SE. Is there a brand name for the dreadlocks shampoo?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form