Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello!

Kate Hand
@kate-hand
10 years ago
2 posts

Hello All! My name is kate. This is my second set of dreadlocks. My first set I let a friend backcomb my hair for me. I loved them, but I wasn't thrilled with the sectioning. I would have kept the set but they reminded me of everything I had been through the year and a half I had them, plus they smelled like the house that I lived in with an ex of mine so needing a change and I chopped them all off.

My hair was short! They cut it out about 2 inches and combed them out. My hair was down to my mid back when I made the decision to dread it the first time. They shrunk to about shoulder length.

Now my hair is a little bit longer than it was the first time a dreaded it, and I remember how much my hair sheds! I'm like a long haired dog, there is hair everywhere! I cant escape it. When my hair dreaded the shedding went away!! So here I am, I hate short hair and I want to wear it long but I hate shedding so much hair........

solution: Im dreading again.

I have chosen to go completely neglect due to some very inspiring timelines that I have seen. I would have never had the patience the first time because I wanted instant results. This time I am much more relaxed about the whole process because I know what to expect.

I gave up the comb December 25th 2013 and it has officially been 3 weeks. My hair is already progressing. I have TONS of knotting going on up underneath my hair in the back that is in constant need of separation. Only 3 weeks in and their are several baby dreads that I can put beads in already. I think I am going to be very happy with the progress and the journey this time. I cant wait!!!

updated by @kate-hand: 01/13/15 10:01:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well u need to start a timeline to inspire others more ppl would go natural if they realized how fast it can dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kate Hand
@kate-hand
10 years ago
2 posts

already made....ill reach a month next week. Will post pictures then.

soaring eagle said:

well u need to start a timeline to inspire others more ppl would go natural if they realized how fast it can dread

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form