Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

opinions?

Naomi Hannah Womack
@naomi-hannah-womack
11 years ago
16 posts

opinions on rubber bands, and dreadballing?

I think that the rubber bands do help a lot, bring loose hair etc together and tighten the top of the dreads (or bottom) but I do know that they can cause damage.

dreadballing? is it effective? how good is it? im watching youtube videos all the time but still how good is it, and how do you properly do it?

updated by @naomi-hannah-womack: 02/14/15 03:28:38AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

no rubber bands should ever touch dreads they do damage they cause weak spots after only a day or 2 knots form around them so taking them off undoes progress in a week they can do any or all of the following (might take longer but can happen in a week)

get swallowed to permenantlt be stuck in the dreads

melt into a stucky goo you can never get out

break into chunks leaving chunks stuck inside to dry rot

dreadballings silly whats the pi=oint

just another stupid thing dresadheadshq suggests

ryb ryb rub roll roll rioll then wax it yo to stick it together and prevent it from dreading so you have to rub rub rub roll roll roll

seriusly..wash..separate..thats it

only beads and wraps and peyote sleeves belong in dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Naomi Hannah Womack
@naomi-hannah-womack
11 years ago
16 posts
Definitely some great points!! True! Thank you :D I will use beads once I buy some more :D I have decorated mine but they were falling and coming out xx
Naomi Hannah Womack
@naomi-hannah-womack
11 years ago
16 posts
How do I get rid of dandruff properly?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

teatree rosemarty no hot water wash regularly the baking soda acv is good or the dreadlockshampoo.com teatree rosemary..no sea salt that will increase it

--
JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

If you don't want crazy strays and you want to "tame" a little dreadballing is a possibility depending on your hair type, I know people who do it, I do something similar, not for maintenance but rather out of boredom, just playing with my hair find a few crazies and I just start rolling them up tight to the lock and they get sucked in eventually.

As far s dandruff I take a more personal approach. Just like poeple are like don't put anything on your dreads EVER, well stuff masks dandruff. Basically if you want to get rid of it, eat clean, drink water, take out breads and the like. You can rinse all you want but that will really only mask whats going on.

As far as rubberbands, SE has his view, I've never met anyone with braids, cornrows, etc who have had any of those problems. Back when I was 14 I did the whole Kris Kross look, rubber bands for weeks not a problem.

As far as wax, I'm not pro but I am instructional. DreadloackHQ instructs so little wax per length along with recommendations to remove, and give a recommended stop time as well, so they all have their take from hair style to spiritual to etc. But we are all different and have different tastes and expectations. There have been people whose hair didn't dread and got dreadrot going natural and with wax, so that argument can go on and on.

But there are some hair stylists who don't approve the shampoo suggested here because of the residue left behind after washing their kids hair with it. Lots of points of view.

One I'm still in the dark on, are the statistics of weakness of dreads from crocheting. Yes it is a thin piece of metal going in the dread, but if one crochets , then the dread is lightly rubbed and moved, the hair then, technically moves back and said hole is gone. But I digress:)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

holes gone but broken hairs are nit and crochet makes it so incredibly tight theres no room to not tear up the hairs

in fact mines tight enough u cant firt a hair between any 2 hairs let alone something 10-50 times thickert yhen a hair (or more the tiniest hooks there are are many many times thicker then the space available ..between 2 hairs at the surface but jumble the hairs all up into a tight mass and for all practical purposes its a solid

theres no way possuible a hook can pass through without breaking at least 1/2 the hairs it passes by (or through)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

but dandruff yea is often misdiagnosed theres auto imune things theres dry flakey scalp psoriasis dermatitis etc etc dozens of things get called dandruff that arent

rom a nutrition perspective flax seed oil (for us veggies) or fish oil (gagging evin thinking about how they extract oil from fishes) ..(actualy forget i mentioned that just go with flax) add a spoonful to your food or take in capsuls (i like it over rice but for awhile aded it to absolutely everything i ate)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

dreadhead recomends so little? really? by using thier math 24 inches of hair woyld need 4 jars 1st application and 2 more jars a week after that

thier removal instructions dont remove it at all

and they dont recomend a stop time they recomend a use less time but continued use forever

people have used 1/4 what they recomend...only one or 2 times and went through hell to remove it

JavaLizard said:

If you don't want crazy strays and you want to "tame" a little dreadballing is a possibility depending on your hair type, I know people who do it, I do something similar, not for maintenance but rather out of boredom, just playing with my hair find a few crazies and I just start rolling them up tight to the lock and they get sucked in eventually.

As far s dandruff I take a more personal approach. Just like poeple are like don't put anything on your dreads EVER, well stuff masks dandruff. Basically if you want to get rid of it, eat clean, drink water, take out breads and the like. You can rinse all you want but that will really only mask whats going on.

As far as rubberbands, SE has his view, I've never met anyone with braids, cornrows, etc who have had any of those problems. Back when I was 14 I did the whole Kris Kross look, rubber bands for weeks not a problem.

As far as wax, I'm not pro but I am instructional. DreadloackHQ instructs so little wax per length along with recommendations to remove, and give a recommended stop time as well, so they all have their take from hair style to spiritual to etc. But we are all different and have different tastes and expectations. There have been people whose hair didn't dread and got dreadrot going natural and with wax, so that argument can go on and on.

But there are some hair stylists who don't approve the shampoo suggested here because of the residue left behind after washing their kids hair with it. Lots of points of view.

One I'm still in the dark on, are the statistics of weakness of dreads from crocheting. Yes it is a thin piece of metal going in the dread, but if one crochets , then the dread is lightly rubbed and moved, the hair then, technically moves back and said hole is gone. But I digress:)

--
JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

SE the crochet needle has come a very long ways, you assume that hairs break each and every time. And for a needle to break hair every time it enters...really? Then people combing their hair or teasing it should break hair by the same logic. Our hair is quite strong. And depending on who does them and how yes lots of damage can be done. Dreadheadhq has a really nifty needle. It also is why are you doing it. Are you just grabbing a few hairs to pull in, once, or are you constantly grooming trying to get perfect locks every week.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form