Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

TnR & Natural questions.

Mary7
@mary7
11 years ago
1 posts

When I first decided I wanted dreads and started reading about them, I was going to start them with a wax kit from DreadheadHQ. Then I learned more about wax and was going to backcomb without it. Thennnn I learned about the damage backcombing does and decided to go with the TnR method.

I started seven TnR dreads a week or so ago, but didn't continue because I'm really not enjoying the plaited look it gives. Most people say that that look goes away once the dreads fully mature, but others have had a different experience. I'm concerned that too many of my dreads will retain the braided look, and I'm curious if there's a way I can minimize the chance of that happening.

I have also considered going completely natural, but I don't like the idea of not being able to choose the size and shape of my dreads. Can I ...coach them along? By that I just mean, can I gently separate the sections that form naturally larger than I would like them to be? Also, I've seen natural dreads that are mostly one thickness, but they have larger "chunks" along them, and I'm not a fan of that at all. Is that just part of the process, and they will even out? If not, is there a way to prevent it from happening?

updated by @mary7: 01/13/15 10:00:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yes u can separate any that are too thick

and yes thats just part of the process..in any drads

to minimize the braided look of tnr ..ransdomize more

if u split the dread nearly in 1/2 each pull it looks braided but if say 1 pulls 1/2 the next 1/36th the next 3/4 etc each tume spilitting in a totalty random spot with diferent ammounts oif hair in each hand it wont look braidy also randomixze the retwists too

the more random the better

braids look braided cause its orderly 3 distinct strands dreads are chaotic disorder..every hair going in every possible direction

but definately you'll love the natural ones most of all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form