Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2 Questions : Moroccan oil , T&R method, scrunchy loops

Evenhanded
@evenhanded
11 years ago
4 posts

Hey all so I started my mini dread journey yesterday with 2 random T&R dreads amongst the rest of my hair (for now). I'm experimenting with the different methods but I really like the braided look with the loose ends that the T&R seem to produce

The first question is about this method is those scrunchy loops, I see these often on the T&R pictures and I really don't want that (not that anyone would) but if there is a way to avoid these I would love to know.

Second question:

My normal hair routine is wash > condition > towel dry >Moroccan oil > hope it dries looking nice.

I don't normally brush or blow dry and I don't have anything special I do except theMoroccan oil and I really love it.

Basically it goes into the hair and pushes the water out.

I have pretty thick hair that normally takes forever to air dry and this really accelerates that process.

I know the dreads should not be condition and I can accept losing that part of my routine but does anyone have any opinions on Moroccan oil and dreads?

Thank you all for your patience with my "noob-ness" <3

updated by @evenhanded: 01/13/15 09:59:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

loops are esential to dreading and yes people love them as you will to the loopy stage is the fun stage..they gotta happen to dread

the oil will prevent dreading

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Evenhanded
@evenhanded
11 years ago
4 posts

I don't mind the craziness and looping on the sides but from what I can tell people call them "paddles"

It's almost like the dread folds in half and it loses a lot of length and is not the roundish cylindrical type shape you might expect. it's almost an "S" shape.

I read on one website that it might come from "interlocking" it too much

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you should never interlock period not even once

interlocking is the most rediculouse thing u can do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Trisha Butler
@trisha-butler
11 years ago
5 posts
When does looping typically happen? I'm at about 3 weeks and have tons of looping and I'm thrilled because I feel like they're getting somewhere lol
Snilla
@snilla
11 years ago
9 posts

Be aware that unless you use PURE argan oil that hairproducts that are sold as "Moroccan oil" mostly contains silicones (and a tiny amount of the good oils...cheap marketing tricks) - which will NOT wash out without sulfates like SLS and so it may cause build up.

Evenhanded
@evenhanded
11 years ago
4 posts

Okay, that's why I'm asking.

soaring eagle said:

you should never interlock period not even once

interlocking is the most rediculouse thing u can do

Evenhanded
@evenhanded
11 years ago
4 posts

Hmmm I'll have to investigate my oils.

Snilla said:

Be aware that unless you use PURE argan oil that hairproducts that are sold as "Moroccan oil" mostly contains silicones (and a tiny amount of the good oils...cheap marketing tricks) - which will NOT wash out without sulfates like SLS and so it may cause build up.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form