Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Newbie here..HELP!!

SL2
@sl2
11 years ago
5 posts

This will be my third set..1st natural and I need advice.I've let my hair go for almost a year and have almost NOTHING.There have been so many times I've wanted to t&r since cutting/combing last SEPTEMBER.I think my hair may be too greasy/oily.advice??

updated by @sl2: 01/13/15 09:59:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

what are you washing with?

how long is it?

if its oily

wash with 1 part baking soda 10 parts water

soak 10 min then rinse

dont towel dry

afdter weeek extend the wash cycle a day

add sea salt to the baking soda (3.5% of the water volume)

when u get to 3-4 days without oiliness u can do a very weak acv rinse after the baking soda but rinse rigyt away (after rinsing the baking soda out)

or switch to the liquid shampoo from www.dreadlockshampoo.com

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SL2
@sl2
11 years ago
5 posts

I wash with baking soda and water 1-2 times a week.I use about a tablespoon per cup of water.It seems like I just can't get it out!!I'll try soaking it!

Why not towel dry?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

your not using enough it has to be a 1 to 10 ratio 1 cup to 10 cups 1/2 to 5 etc

if its too weak it loosens dead skin into a paste but then yiu cant get the paste out

towel drying can rub away any knots that formed

--
SL2
@sl2
11 years ago
5 posts

ooooh thanks for the info!!Will change the ratio tonight and report back!!

how often should I wash?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

1-3 times week

--
John Summers
@john-summers
11 years ago
8 posts
Like Soaring Eagle said, try some of the Lockin' Up Liquid Shampoo from Dreadlocks Shampoo if you are not seeing any progress with the BS/ACV washes. I love it! Every time I wash with it, my hair gets super duper knotty. My only advice if you do choice to switch to the liquid shampoo is to really stay on top of separating. I can imagine that if you are using it when you are starting you locks, it could get kinda out of control as far as your sections go. But give it a go, and don't stress when you are going through your super messy phase. Its totally natural and rather beautiful in my opinion; its sort of like the messy stage is a caterpillar, and once you move forward and your locks mature, they become beautiful butterflies. I know its kind of a lame comparison, but its the best way to describe it in my mind. The most important thing to remember it to just go with the flow, be patient keep an open mind and take good care of your locks. They can't teach you a lot of important lessons about yourself and the world around you. Good luck on your journey!Blessings!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form