Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dreads

Diego
@diego
11 years ago
16 posts

Hi, I didn't know where to post this, so I came here.
I just wanted to share a couple of pictures, I've just started my journey with T&R method.

That was yesterday. Today I've already washed them with BS method and they look and feel clean :) I also bought sea salt to accelerate the process, but I haven't used it yet. I'm just a bit worried about swimming in the pool, I feel it's too soon yet but I don''t know... I swim everyday for an hour.

updated by @diego: 01/13/15 09:59:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

chorinated?

they look off to a good start

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Diego
@diego
11 years ago
16 posts

Thanks. Yes, it's chlorinated. Do you think I should wait some time to start swimming again or it's safe? On January I'll go on vacation and swim in the beach, which is great, but until then I have to use the pool. It's pretty important for me as I'm training for a competition in March, next year, but if it's too damaging for my hair at this stage... I'll just wait and do my training out of the water. I'm also thinking I have to get a new swimming cap to fit all my locks.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

no its fine a swimming cap would be more damagig

just notes

soak the dreads in fresh water b4 swimmingto absormb less chlorine

do not use baking soda after chlorine or you will fry your hair

use a dread shampoo instead ..acv however isnt a bad idea

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Diego
@diego
11 years ago
16 posts

Great. Can I just rinse my dreads with a lot of water after swimming? I mean, just baking soda once or twice a week (following an avc wash in case it feels too dry, although I have a pretty oily scalp) and the rest of the days just rinsing thoroughly with cold, soft water. It would be much more practical for me than washing them everyday, and besides I don't have any dread shampoo.
Thanks for the tips!

Diego
@diego
11 years ago
16 posts

thanks man! I have a total of 87 and I'll try to keep them all by separating one from another to prevent those congos ;D

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form