dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help! 2 yrs +, impatience

Steven Wind
@steven-wind
11 years ago
62 posts

Hey, guys.

So I've had my dreads since August 2011, and while they're making their way, I'm just getting impatient. I did it neglect method and I use a solid shampoo bar from Dreadlockshampoo.com.

I dunno, I almost wish I had backcombed, but I know that for me it's about the journey and really /about/ that patience, but sometimes it's frustrating. Sometimes I feel like just brushing them out and donating to a charity. The typical ideals of love don't help, either, because men with long hair/dreads are perceived as dirty and not the ideal beauty, and then with hypermasculinity in the gay community, it almost feels worse (gay here).

I dunno. Some feedback would be nice, I guess I just need a pick-me-up. I just want to be reminded that I am beautiful no matter what I look like and I will find love and I don't have to be anything I don't want to be.

Here's some pics, sorry about quality. Probably not the best for feedback, 'cause lighting is poor.

Photo%20on%2010-21-13%20at%207.31%20PM.jpg

Photo%20on%2010-21-13%20at%207.31%20PM%20%232.jpg

Photo%20on%2010-21-13%20at%207.32%20PM%20%234.jpg

Photo%20on%2010-21-13%20at%207.33%20PM.jpg

Photo%20on%2010-21-13%20at%207.34%20PM.jpg

Photo%20on%2010-21-13%20at%207.34%20PM%20%232.jpg

updated by @steven-wind: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well you might want to try the liquid for awhile it may help and the pink sea salt also

i know many gay people with dreads ..to say it represents hyper masculinity actualy has me giggling considering a couple of them are more hyper feminine (not to the point of dressing feminine just in how they present themselves)

we do have a dating.dreadlockssite.com and a lbgt group on here for finding love and getting support respectively

but really gay or straight loves not that easy to find unless ofcourse your a controling abusive alcaholic asshole..those types never seem to have much trouble

im not suggesting ya try that rout just saying be patient some have to be abused awhile b4 they are ready to be treated right i guess..

in the end it will all work out

its all about patience

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Daniel Pazo
@daniel-pazo
11 years ago
18 posts

Mate, I had the same issues as you in a way. I am also a gay man with dreadlocks, and although much of the gay community in my part of the world really take their appearance seriously, so many people honestly don't care about your hair, it's the personality that counts- people just need to get to know you. We gay people are some of the most accepting on earth, because we want acceptance from the wider community right? so, people probably aren't just going to cold-shoulder you just for having locks. Generally speaking, anyway :). Also, your hair is gorgeous, please don't give up :)

Peace.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

there ya go..someone thinks your hot

my prescription the 2 of ya have a lil chat..no pressure just casual

if nothin else you'll feel lil better bout your chances

--
Steven Wind
@steven-wind
11 years ago
62 posts

Thanks, guys.

SE, I'll definitely try out the liquid and the pink sea salt!

Daniel, thanks for the kind words :)

Just gotta make it clear, it's not all about feeling rejected by gay men or whatever, it's just frustrating sometimes because it's a form of rebellion / independence and there are always people that think it's gross. I dunno, I just gotta stay firm and be myself :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

just to plaY DEVILS ADVOCATE damn caps

your gay ..straight guys can be super accepting but then when thinking bout ..well..how ya do things may still think its gross (not the love but the physical act)

now you could be female with pubes and pit hair and yea some guys love that ..others may find it gross

no matter the choices you make (or just being who you are wich isnt a choice) you'll have those who are into it and others who are grossed out

there are strip clubs out there where the dancers are all over 600 pounds, others where they are all over 65 years old

in the gay community the range is even more wide open cause appearing "normal" isnt so much a concern and embracing alternative desires is the norm

in straight society your suposed to like big breasts hairless everywhere but the head huge butts if black tiny butts if white makeup and hairspray and too tight tiny dresses etc etc but not everyones wired that way

im probly rambling a lil just so i can make the point that it doesnt matter if some think its gross others will find it a huge turn on

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

and steven corect me if im wrong but dont you go to rainbow gatherings (or am i thinking of someone else)

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form