Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Biodynamics originated in Europe, it is ancient apparently and Rudolf Steiner re-discovered it through spiritual investigation. I understand it could be seen as a contradiction, and vegetarians are sometimes attacked over these apparent contradictions, kind of like some folks like to catch us out. I am vegetarian, I don't eat animals, I do have dairy.

I don't eat deer bladders, but I will eat the vegetables that are grown from the compost made within the bladder. :)

I do what I can, I have leather work boots. I think perhaps a vegan may have an issue with bio-dynamics. It's a fine line with bio-dynamics, but because I deeply respect Rudolf Steiner, who was also vegetarian, I accept this method.

I do not have a problem with your questioning by the way Heart on Fire, I am 100% happy with what I am doing with my diet. I am always interested in learning.

peace

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Yeah, ok, that maybe true. But I did say, "it is ancient apparently and Rudolf Steiner re-discovered it through spiritual investigation". Steiner was greatly clairvoyant and received information, that is what I meant by spiritual investigation.
A Heart On Fire said:

that may be true however I think you'd discover that, before the term 'biodynamics' was even coined, many of the ideas and techniques employed therein were already being practised by cultures throughout the world. Steiner did not invent them. he took pieces from here there and everywhere and brought them together to become part of a system that was easier for western culture to integrate

for example, goats blood has been used as a symbol of fertility by many different people's. they would spear the goat in the neck and allow it to wander the fields until death. everywhere its blood was spilled was considered to be significantly improved with good juju. its the same ideas behind biodynamics. they weren't invented by Steiner. he just saw, and liked what he saw, and said yeah I can work with this.
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

According to the book of the original lectures I have, Steiner was giving the lectures to local farmers, and he was saying the whole way through the lectures that it must all be tested and experiments would have to be done. And that the preparations should be spread on as much of the earth as possible, so in that sense it was for the west, but really for the whole world, but firstly it was for farmers in, I think, Switzerland
A Heart On Fire said:

that may be true however I think you'd discover that, before the term 'biodynamics' was even coined, many of the ideas and techniques employed therein were already being practised by cultures throughout the world. Steiner did not invent them. he took pieces from here there and everywhere and brought them together to become part of a system that was easier for western culture to integrate

for example, goats blood has been used as a symbol of fertility by many different people's. they would spear the goat in the neck and allow it to wander the fields until death. everywhere its blood was spilled was considered to be significantly improved with good juju. its the same ideas behind biodynamics. they weren't invented by Steiner. he just saw, and liked what he saw, and said yeah I can work with this.
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

A vegetarian diet can become an individual and absolute necessity. In spite of the fears aroused by our industrialized agriculture, the individual who finds himself disgusted enough with meat will surely survive as a vegetarian along with the herbivores. For in the last analysis, as Steiner shows, the problem of nutrition is not simply one involving the nutritional shortcomings of plants important as that problem may be. It is rather one in which an individual's own inner spiritual activity takes part in directing the satisfaction of his nutritional needs.

Gilbert Church, Ph.D.
New York City
June 2, 1968

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Thats cool, it doesn't feel hijacked to me. Bio-dynamics is a subject I love, its been a few years since I thought much about it. Steiner is one of the Spiritual Teachers I first read, he's really an amazing guy. Everyone should read some of his work.

peace

A Heart On Fire said:

yeah. sorry for hijacking your thread man
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

the 'nutritional shortcomings of plants' is referring to the way plants are grown with artificial fertiliser etc, not the natural nutritional value of plants.

Tim said:

A vegetarian diet can become an individual and absolute necessity. In spite of the fears aroused by our industrialized agriculture, the individual who finds himself disgusted enough with meat will surely survive as a vegetarian along with the herbivores. For in the last analysis, as Steiner shows, the problem of nutrition is not simply one involving the nutritional shortcomings of plants important as that problem may be. It is rather one in which an individual's own inner spiritual activity takes part in directing the satisfaction of his nutritional needs.

Gilbert Church, Ph.D.
New York City
June 2, 1968

John Summers
@john-summers
11 years ago
8 posts

I totally relate to this. All of my male friends make fun of the fact that I am a vegetarian. I find it funny that they make fun of me for it, and they probably don't fully realize why I chose to become a vegetarian.

Of course, they know it is because I love animals and don't think they deserve the treatment and cruelty they get in slaughterhouse. But what they don't know is that at the age of 18, I had very high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. So I became a vegetarian because I had read that a vegetarian diet had fewer risk factors and more cholesterol benefits than non-vegetarian diets. So, I switched because I sure don't want to have a heart attack, stroke, or heart disease.

So I just let it slide when they do make fun of me, because if they knew the full reason why I chose to do it they probably wouldn't think it was such a fun thing to make fun of me for.

I just find it funny that people chose to make fun of or criticize something that don't understand, rather than trying to understand it.

Just my two cents :)

Blessings!

Tim said:

About the worst thing I ever did in the eyes of the other men in my family was to become vegetarian, stop drinking alcohol and be obviously spiritual (talking about spiritual matters etc). I some how lost my manhood, and thankfully it never returned. Most of society has a very strange view of these matters. Probably a very guilty conscience is at play.

peace

updated by @john-summers: 07/27/15 11:14:06AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the media demonizes vegatarians and glorifies meat eatters (in a very strange way)

vegatarians are portrayed as the asolute most shameful thing you could be

remember the king of the hill epiosode>/ where boby is involved with a vegatarian then they have a falling out and he eats a gigantic steak to regain his manhood?

then you got the slim jim commercials where if a guy reads poetry, has feelings, does something nice for thier lover they need a beef injection to turn them back into farting grunting Neanderthals again

there was another comercial a few years back where a bunch of guys are singing about how real men dont eat salads they eat beef and they are flipping over cars acting like maniacs...animals..

but if your vegatarian..with a conscious..someone who cares about life the environment and thier health and the suffering of other beings ..then your a horible shameful thing ..an embarassment

John Summers said:

I totally relate to this. All of my male friends make fun of the fact that I am a vegetarian. I find it funny that they make fun of me for it, and they probably don't fully realize why I chose to become a vegetarian.

Of course, they know it is because I love animals and don't think they deserve the treatment and cruelty they get in slaughterhouse. But what they don't know is that at the age of 18, I had very high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. So I became a vegetarian because I had read that a vegetarian diet had fewer risk factors and more cholesterol benefits than non-vegetarian diets. So, I switched because I sure don't want to have a heart attack, stroke, or heart disease.

So I just let it slide when they do make fun of me, because if they knew the full reason why I chose to do it they probably wouldn't think it was such a fun thing to make fun of me for.

I just find it funny that people chose to make fun of or criticize something that don't understand, rather than trying to understand it.

Just my two cents :)

Blessings!

Tim said:

About the worst thing I ever did in the eyes of the other men in my family was to become vegetarian, stop drinking alcohol and be obviously spiritual (talking about spiritual matters etc). I some how lost my manhood, and thankfully it never returned. Most of society has a very strange view of these matters. Probably a very guilty conscience is at play.

peace

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

oh and to whoewver claimed that vegatarians have a diferent stomach like cows thats only certain types..cows are 1 maybe oxen but only a few types of animals have that

horses do not

most vegatarian animals do not in fact

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 5
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form