Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello everyone

Sami Hanson
@sami-hanson
11 years ago
1 posts

I'm 43 yo considering dreads. They seem to be low maintenance and a way to grow my hair long without going thru the "bad hair" phases. I also think they look beautiful on people. I'm disabled, having severe problems with my back so I don't work. I don't really go out that much. So I can do anything with my hair. My mobility is limited, so much so that I had my haircut short cuz it was hurting to wash my hair every day. My concerns are that I'm too old (although I do see older ladies that look great). I think I might look good as the hippie grandmother. lol My parents will not like it but hey I can deal with it. I figure I have about a year until I can get dreads.

updated by @sami-hanson: 01/13/15 09:57:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u can start letting it dread today

im older then u and disabled with bad back pain too

so definately go for it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Randall Wilson
@randall-wilson
11 years ago
4 posts

dooo it, you dont have to wash dreads for two weeks. i think its a good choice, might as well if you feel like it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy u should wash them at a minumum of weekly 2-3 times a weeks best

but the bs/acv soaks a no touch wash so might be easier on u

\

Randall Wilson said:

dooo it, you dont have to wash dreads for two weeks. i think its a good choice, might as well if you feel like it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

Do it. I will be 41 in a couple of weeks and am into my 4th month. I think they are gorgeous no matter what age, hell, I wish I'd started them years ago.They are definitely easier to take care of but the messy stage sticks for months. I am disabled too so I can relate on the pain (literally) of washing my hair daily. My husband and girls don't care for them but it's about my self being. Your family will adjust as mine has. Best of luck to you!!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form