Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

third times the charm

jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

restarting my dreads for the third time back combed the first time then neglect for six months and twist and ripped it which i shouldnt of done im going full neglect this time so i wont feel like im cheating

updated by @jedi-dreads: 01/13/15 09:56:08PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Good luck with this journey. I don't know why you felt like you were cheating though. I did the T&R method, Kept them product free and went through all the crazy stages. I had shrinkage. loops, inner growth and all the rest that comes with neglect and don't feel like I cheated, but maybe that is just me.

I hope that your new set is everything you dreamed they will be..this time hang in there longer, it can take up to 2 years to get the dreads you envision......peace

jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

well im doing it for my own spiritual purposes and feel like im straying from the path i have chosen i dont have anything against others that tnr but for my own way i cannot do this this time ill have the patience and go all the way and i hope the will be too thanks :)

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Go for it :) I backcombed mine to begin with, but regretted it a while later. Debated for ages whether or not to start again, but I was 8 or so months in and I was far too attached to start all over again. I've settled for combing out some and letting them do their thing, and leaving the others as they are. I think dreads can be a spiritual thing for people no matter how they're started, because mine went from being mostly shallow to teaching me a lot about myself and who I am or want to be. But obviously the more natural the journey, the more profound the journey, because of the time and patience and changes it gives. Hope it goes well, keep us updated with your progress :)

jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

i think it will dread fast this time around even after washing and conditioning its sticking together better than it did before i stared dreading not sure why maybe due to the split ends but i love it

Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

Hey sounds similar to what I went thru... neglect for 4 months (regrettably combed out), t&n/ backcombed but I was not nearly as pleased and I didn't feel good about myself for some reason. I remember having that feeling as if I had cheated somehow. although, I think everyone is different, not sayin one method is any better.. just sharing my experience. :) I hope you stay strong and patient, just as I am aiming to be! i've been back in the neglect for about 2 months and I'm loving every minute of it!! enjoy, peace & love

jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

i think it will go great this time around cant believe how long my hair is now think its about 7in havnt had it this long in years good luck on your journeynamaste

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form