Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Will my bad dandruff get better with time?

Kaylee Banion
@kaylee-banion
11 years ago
4 posts

If you can train your hair to be less oiley over time can you train your hair for dandruff?
I've been on neglect for two weeks. I've been washing my hair every three days with the baking soda and ACV mix. My dandruff is horrible!!! Will it get better with time?

updated by @kaylee-banion: 01/13/15 09:54:35PM
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

YES. Most likely. A lot of us found that our scalp actually took a month or two to "get used" to the new washing routine. How much BS and ACV are you putting in your rinses?

Kaylee Banion
@kaylee-banion
11 years ago
4 posts

I saw so many different recipes I just winged it. I don't expect it to beright. I was justseeing whatwould work. 1/2 cup of BS and a couple tbs of ACV to 5 cups of water. I also added sea salt and lime juice. (I didn't have any lemons.)

Laura Earle said:

YES. Most likely. A lot of us found that our scalp actually took a month or two to "get used" to the new washing routine. How much BS and ACV are you putting in your rinses?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Never mix the BS and the ACV together, you get a chemical reaction. Your ratio is right. Mix 1/2 cup of BS to 5 cups of water. pour over wet head and leave on for 10-20 minutes to exfoliate the scalp,.....rinse out well.....next do the 1-2 capfuls of ACV to 5 cups water, pour over head and rinse out within one minute

Lemon juice or any citric juice slowly destroys the inner shaft of hair strands, that is why it lightens hair...don't use this for dreads.

Kaylee Banion said:

I saw so many different recipes I just winged it. I don't expect it to beright. I was justseeing whatwould work. 1/2 cup of BS and a couple tbs of ACV to 5 cups of water. I also added sea salt and lime juice. (I didn't have any lemons.)

Laura Earle said:

Kaylee Banion
@kaylee-banion
11 years ago
4 posts

Oh wow. Thanks. I was doing that all wrong! Thank you very much!

the Barrellady said:

Never mix the BS and the ACV together, you get a chemical reaction. Your ratio is right. Mix 1/2 cup of BS to 5 cups of water. pour over wet head and leave on for 10-20 minutes to exfoliate the scalp,.....rinse out well.....next do the 1-2 capfuls of ACV to 5 cups water, pour over head and rinse out within one minute

Lemon juice or any citric juice slowly destroys the inner shaft of hair strands, that is why it lightens hair...don't use this for dreads.

Kaylee Banion said:

Laura Earle said:

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

It sometimes takes the scalp a few weeks to get use to the BS wash, and you also may have had a buiild up of dead skin which is now being exfoliated. It will be fine soon....To help with the dandruff, or even any scalp itch, always finish off with a cold head rinse, as cold as you can take. This helps and feels refreshing.

The ratio for sea salt is 3 1/2 tbsp to 5 cups of water, you can mix this with the BS if you want, you can use it as a spray on your hair (try not to get the scalp since you have dandruff), or you can pour it on your wet head. What ever method you use, always rinse it out by the two hour mark or it will dry out your hair. The sea salt mixture is a dread accelerator....

While you have the dandruff, get that in order first, then start using the sea salt if you want. Don't worry, you will get it all fixed up. Once the BS exfoliates everything on your scalp and it adjusts to the change of using it, you scalp will balance out. Make sure to always follow up with the ACV rinse after using BS, the ACV balances back the PH levels in your hair and keeps dreads soft.....peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form