Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My hair deserves an award (because I have commitment issues)

TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

awesome, awesome timeline! You're beautiful and your dreads are beautiful! I wouldn't fret about having a dress code for dreads. I am seen with my tie-dyed dresses to my extremely heavy metal band tees and ripped jeans. For the people who hate on you, I find people hate for 3 reasons. 1 they want to be you, 2 they hate themselves, and 3 they find you as a threat. I'm looking forward to see more pics of your dreads maturing.

updated by @tiedyedsoul: 07/22/15 06:34:30AM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I love this timeline. You are beautiful. Thanks for sharing :)

April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

I love your honesty! I feel insecure at times with mine and I'm only at the beginnig. Even in the dreadlock world people can be judgmental. I don't think it matters what method or maintenence routines you choose as long as you make informed decisions and they work for you. Thats what I've concluded anyway.. It's a very personal experience and none of us are the same =)

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

what you said about the haters is true! i think you summed it up!

TieDyedSoul said:

awesome, awesome timeline! You're beautiful and your dreads are beautiful! I wouldn't fret about having a dress code for dreads. I am seen with my tie-dyed dresses to my extremely heavy metal band tees and ripped jeans. For the people who hate on you, I find people hate for 3 reasons. 1 they want to be you, 2 they hate themselves, and 3 they find you as a threat. I'm looking forward to see more pics of your dreads maturing.

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Awh, so close to home. I dyed and straightened my hair for eight years! Saw my natural hair color for the first time since about two months into my dread journey. It's ironic -- I can easily say that I'm happier with the state of my hair now than I EVER was during those eight years. Oh man, just thinking about how much money and time I spent on it.../facepalm.

Victoria Hill
@victoria-hill
11 years ago
9 posts

I COMPLETELY understand.So much time wasted too! Its great to have natural hair. Although, dying it occasionallyis sortafun too.

Laura Earle said:

Awh, so close to home. I dyed and straightened my hair for eight years! Saw my natural hair color for the first time since about two months into my dread journey. It's ironic -- I can easily say that I'm happier with the state of my hair now than I EVER was during those eight years. Oh man, just thinking about how much money and time I spent on it.../facepalm.

Victoria Hill
@victoria-hill
11 years ago
9 posts

Hahagee, thanks! I'm glad you like it, andgo ahead! I think its cool to see what other dread heads learn, and how. :)

Jason Marshall said:

Three little words 'AWW Some Dreads' Peace on u! And ur lessions yeah I'm stealing that lol.
Sibyl
@sibyl
11 years ago
7 posts

Awesome Journey!!!

Rheana Hayes
@rheana-hayes
10 years ago
26 posts

Absolutely love this blog! You're a good writer for real. Very interesting take on the process and sort of prepares the reader to expect their own emotional journey through this process. I think you are just plain beautiful, even in the top before picture with your hair just straight on clown nuts. The lessons you shared today are very valuable and it excited me, not about having dreads, but about what it will be like to deal with the wait and uncertainty of the process. It seems to me everyone has an ego battle and breakdown and sort of rebirth with the natural evolution of dreads. Rock the fuck on. I'm gonna write down your lessons and reference them any time I'm feeling negative about the way I look! Thank you!

Victoria Hill
@victoria-hill
10 years ago
9 posts

Writing down the lessons is a way ofremembering, and noticing, the changes. If I hadn't made this blog, I would not even realize how much my life has been affected! Thank you, and rock on yourself!

Rheana Hayes said:

Absolutely love this blog! You're a good writer for real. Very interesting take on the process and sort of prepares the reader to expect their own emotional journey through this process. I think you are just plain beautiful, even in the top before picture with your hair just straight on clown nuts. The lessons you shared today are very valuable and it excited me, not about having dreads, but about what it will be like to deal with the wait and uncertainty of the process. It seems to me everyone has an ego battle and breakdown and sort of rebirth with the natural evolution of dreads. Rock the fuck on. I'm gonna write down your lessons and reference them any time I'm feeling negative about the way I look! Thank you!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form