Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

neglect & backcomb timeline (22 MONTH UPDATE! New pics in comments section)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sand would have fallen right out withoyt the scrubbing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 06:21:40AM
Paige
@paige
12 years ago
52 posts

i know what to do next time i guess :/

soaring eagle said:

sand would have fallen right out withoyt the scrubbing

Paige
@paige
12 years ago
52 posts

Day 22 now! My hair seems back to normal now after the whole unknotting incident.

Here's a pic taken of me on monday, day 20, showing my backcombed dreads, with my neglect hair tied back.

My brother took it on his cellphone though so the quality is not great.

Also on day 20 I had been irritated by my flat fronts and backcombed a strand, and twist and ripped a strand, both on top. Now my hair looks really dready now. I received a text in school on tuesday informing me I looked like a homeless person, but I wasn't bothered because it was sent by the one of the very few people I openly dislike.

Here's day 21, the three week mark!

You can see the new top backcombed one on the right, the twist and rip is hidden on the other side.

Here's three week mark from the back:

And here's day day 22, today!

My face is at a real weird angle, but my neglect hair is up here. The twist and rip strand is visible on the left side, it looks about an inch from the corner of my left eyeball. I was asked if it was a braid a couple times on Monday.

I also had a job interview today! I put my hair back like this which completely hid the dreads:

AND I GOT THE JOB! As long as my drug test comes back positive...I'm actually really nervous because I ate food with a bunch of poppyseeds in it the night before the test :/

And here's the usual back picture. When I woke up this morning it was like the back of my head had decided to have a party back there, seriously! Most of the separated back strands were all entangled, the first time since I stopped that my hair has grossed me out a lil and the first time sectioning has actually hurt.

It's sectioned in this picture though! And there's a backcombed dread resting on each shoulder. I hope my hair keeps going crazy in the night!

updated by @paige: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Evan2
@evan2
12 years ago
36 posts

They look absolutely beautiful right now! I can't wait to see them mature.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

id like to see which parts u backcombed? i see plenty of natural dreadinjg going on but i cant see any sections that looked backcombed

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oh geez i shoulda looked back 2 posts haha

but they are startijng to make real progress

absolutely gorgouse

--
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Jeez, I know lots of people's hair dreads quickly naturally, but that's quicker than I'd imagine. Awesome progress :) looking great.

Paige
@paige
12 years ago
52 posts

Hey guys! Day 28 and I'm at one month! I've seen a lot of people post on timelines that they feel like they just stopped brushing yesterday, they can't believe how time has flown. I'm the opposite! A couple days in I felt like I hadn't brushed my hair in years, still feel like that!

da front!

da back!

da sides! left -

right - you can see a really thin kinky backcombed guy on the right

I've noticed that my hair really doesn't need to be separated that much. Once it separated into initial sections, they've pretty much stayed in them, a couple thin ones fusing together. Except on a couple random mornings I would wake up and they'd be a big mess, they've mainly been solitary lil babies.

An exciting thing is that even though they just look like wavy strands most of them feel real rough! A lot of times when I separate I'll grab a piece of neglect hair at a knotty part and confuse it for a backcombed dread! Speakin of them, a couple of my backcombed dreads have kinks in them and I think 2 have lil loops coming out of them. I think that's all for now! I can't wait to see what my hair looks like in another month.

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments!

updated by @paige: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

beautiful they are coming along nicely!

how many neglect dreads formed?

--
Paige
@paige
12 years ago
52 posts

hey it's been awhile. about the number that have formed i counted and as of two weeks ago i counted 45, I'm sure it's less because a couple have probably joined up.

i haven't been taking any pictures! before the one month mark i was obsessively checkin out my hair and taking tons of pics, but then i just stopped caring with checking my progress, it's happening at it's own pace and i've just been letting it be.

i didn't take a picture but i did do a video, i'm gonna do a video every month to show my progress, so since this is the first picture there is some repeat information to you guys, it just basically introduces myself and says why i went neglect, why i chose backcomb over tnr, and then shows my hair. i felt very awkward in front of the camera, lots of "um..." haha. here's my video! I would recommend the highest quality setting so my hair is easier to see.

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form