Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Elf Locks, Strange Waters, and Crochet Hooks.

Eva Deva
@eva-deva
14 years ago
36 posts
i have to admit, ripping scares the crap out of me - but yes, i believe you're right.i'm hoping for the best, and am gonna commit to just letting them be.i also understand that there is far more to be learned from investing the time it takes to allow things to form on their own time. - i acted out of panick, and slight impulse.but, ya dont know till ya know, and now i know. loli'll be sure to document accurately when/if anything strange happens soaringeagle said:
my 1st locks turned into demon locks with 2 horns sticking up on top and a flat pillow under my neck
this time around i seperated often and loved how they were till they hit the floor and the thin ones kept breaking from being stepped on so i stopped seperating 3 years ago and let em combine like crazy (but not too crazy)

u coulda kept goin letting the fairies (toto looks trollish with that expression looks like he takes delight in torture) tangle your hair and u coulda just kept seperating and after the trip woulda been in great shape
but u woulda had to0 rip em alot after every swim

updated by @eva-deva: 07/09/15 09:55:10PM
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
that kinda sounds lovely <3 lol Eva Deva said:
Elf Locks are just an old school term for dreadlocks - it originated in europe under the faerytale that while people slept, tricky little elves would come along and knot your hair all up. :)

Shuaib ahmed said:
pardon my ignorance but what are elf locks?
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
They look awesome! :) Keep knottin...
Radha Das
@radha-das
14 years ago
14 posts
Eva Deva said:
hahaha :) thanks for your response!
I found out about Elf Locks while surfing the web for Anglo-Europaen references to dreadlocks - and also had read that some people find the term "Dread" offensive, since there aint nothin dreadful bout dem dang locks!!
I'm super in to elves and faeries and such as well..and enjoy the whimsy that maybe some sprite is tinkering around with my hair while i'm sleeping. - it is considered bad luck to untangle the knots.
The term comes from Shakespeare, and also some old world lore.
:)

Panterra Caraway said:
Holy mackeral! What an adventure to be sure!!!! I am still stuck on elf locks though....uh.....huh? How are those different than dreads? Is it just another way to says dreads if you are into fairyfolk? Hmmmmmmm.........
Radha Das
@radha-das
14 years ago
14 posts
I Love this!!! Elf Locks, it makes me happy just to hear that! I can relate, I love fairies and elfs and I saw a fairy once, no I wasn't drunk or high! Earthstudios said:
Lisandre Tessier
@lisandre-tessier
14 years ago
17 posts
Aww! Elf locks! :DYou made my day!
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
Cool story. I haven't had a chance to dip in the ocean since starting my dreads but I have swam in our pool and every time I got out my hair was congoing a bunch, I always try to rip it when wet becuase it comes apart better but I get paranoid about the sound- it sounds so loud when it's so close to your head. :P Those glasses on Toto are awesome.
Eva Deva
@eva-deva
14 years ago
36 posts
ahh hahaha - I know, right!?!?! i love his specs also!!! so awesome...and hey, you know you can make your own Sea Salt spritz, right??Sometimes I'll take a bath and dump either a whole bunch of epsom salts, or sea salt in and just Soak Soak Soak my body and mind and hair...it is good for you, for sure...No substitute for a MOVING body of water, but we do what we can, right??I prefer to um...manuever my hair when it is dry..i can't explain why. My mom told me since a young age that it damages hair to brush it while its wet. but i guess when there is RIPPING to be done - who cares!?!?!I salute you.Cheers, Best Beloved. tatyananashi said:
Cool story. I haven't had a chance to dip in the ocean since starting my dreads but I have swam in our pool and every time I got out my hair was congoing a bunch, I always try to rip it when wet becuase it comes apart better but I get paranoid about the sound- it sounds so loud when it's so close to your head. :P Those glasses on Toto are awesome.
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
Yeah I know I can do the sea salt thing, I'm kinda lazy though. I might one day, but I really kinda don't do anything at all to my hair besides rip them apart and they're dreading up fast (Lots of fairies play in my hair all the time, it's always been super tangly) so I probably wont salt it until it seems to be at a stand still.Yeah water makes it weaker but that's why I do it then, if i try to separate congos while dry my hair is too strong and the hairs just move and stretch around. I'm only at 4 months but the ones in the back are so knotted up that they're tight as ropes. I lost tons of legnth though, on the tight ones, and others are not as tangled yet so they're still long. I probably look funny to all the muggles. LOL Eva Deva said:
ahh hahaha - I know, right!?!?! i love his specs also!!! so awesome...

and hey, you know you can make your own Sea Salt spritz, right??
Sometimes I'll take a bath and dump either a whole bunch of epsom salts, or sea salt in and just Soak Soak Soak my body and mind and hair...
it is good for you, for sure...
No substitute for a MOVING body of water, but we do what we can, right??

I prefer to um...manuever my hair when it is dry..
i can't explain why. My mom told me since a young age that it damages hair to brush it while its wet. but i guess when there is RIPPING to be done - who cares!?!?!
I salute you.
Cheers, Best Beloved.

tatyananashi said:
Eva Deva
@eva-deva
14 years ago
36 posts
I believe ya! :) Radha Das said:
I Love this!!! Elf Locks, it makes me happy just to hear that! I can relate, I love fairies and elfs and I saw a fairy once, no I wasn't drunk or high!

Earthstudios said:

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form