Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Mama Harrison's TnR Timeline

Gingernut
@gingernut
14 years ago
6 posts
I'm now sat here starting my very 1st tiny dread at the back.....it's taking ages!!!! I can see that I'm going to get very sore arms & lots of cramp over many days! Was that 9 solid days or just a few hours each day?I am actually the vendor who did the NM girasols....I so wish I had one left over that I could send you! I ordered over 120 wraps tho so they come up on FSOT fairly often ;)
updated by @gingernut: 07/23/15 06:27:21PM
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
I lust after NM *swoon* you don't see many 7s and that is what I am looking for--even if it did come up I probably couldn't afford her :(It does take a lot time. it took me 9 days doing a few hours daily--I would wake up and if my daughter would allow it I would try and get 2-6 done straight away and then after she went to bed at night I would do 2-6 more. I did this while we were visiting friends on vacation--so--I didn't care that my hair was 'undone' or half done and I did a lot of it in the airport while we waited for our flight home-my daughter was entertained since she had just started walking, she walked and walked and walked and i just followed behind her TnRing for a few hours. I had someone separate my hair and braid and I feel like that helped to keep things in order while I was progressing. Also, I found that the thinner the section i was TnRing the easier/faster it was to TnR--many of mine I thought were just too skinny as i was TnRing and I worried that they would be frail and break off, but they are the perfect size now. In fact the ones that I thought were the 'perfect' size are a bit thick for my taste now, but the variety is what makes them unique and interesting, IMO. It seemed that beginning each one was quick, but then I would get about an inch or two done and it would seem like I wasn't getting anywhere--I would spend like 10 minutes on the same 3 inch section in the middle and I thought I would NEVER be done. yes, my arms hurt afterwards, but well worth it and the patience that it takes does humble you. My only advice is not to spend too much time once you get down to the tips--I was kinda overly concerned with getting the ends knotted up too, but it doesn't matter how much time you spend this is the first part to loosen up (typically after your first few washes) and it is normal, natural, and looks good IMO. So, once you get down to the end you can just move on to the next and leave the last 1-2 inches of hair un'dreaded'.Can't wait to hear more and see the fruits of your labor! Gingernut said:
I'm now sat here starting my very 1st tiny dread at the back.....it's taking ages!!!! I can see that I'm going to get very sore arms & lots of cramp over many days! Was that 9 solid days or just a few hours each day?

I am actually the vendor who did the NM girasols....I so wish I had one left over that I could send you! I ordered over 120 wraps tho so they come up on FSOT fairly often ;)
Gingernut
@gingernut
14 years ago
6 posts
Well here you go....I finally finished T&Ring all my hair! Only took over 13 hours! LOL http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/gingernuts-journey-tr-method#axzz0yDdQqHp8
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
Got a new camera--some new pics--10 weeks old now.

updated by @mama-harrison: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
My dreadlocks are just about 5 months old now and I love them. They are CRAZY loopy and most, but not all, have thickened a bit or just pulled the length of the strand into a big dread clump (not my favorite, but I know that this leads to mature dreads, so I am patient).I wash 1x a week with BS and ACV rinse with peppermint EO and grapefruit seed extract (in the BS/water) to keep any molds/fungus away. A day or two after I wash I spend 15 minutes and sort through my whole head and break up congos--not palm rolling or anything like that though. I LOVE that I spend practically zero time on my hair these days and my hubby loves me in dreadlocks. It has been easier than I imagined it would be to liberate my mind from the societal pressures of keeping 'good hair'~~~just 1 more step out of the illusion of reality that is modern living and 1 step closer to true freedom body, mind and soul.Here's some pics:

WOW! that's a lot of pics ;)I was thinking of dying them blonder before I started because when I had my daughter, 16 months ago, it changed the color of my hair and it started growing in darker blonde, but I decided that was too much hassle and my hair deserved to be whatever color it wanted to be. You can kind of see the two different colors half way through my length.
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
Oh yea--this was right out of the shower with wet dreadlocks.

Mama Harrison said:
Got a new camera--some new pics--10 weeks old now.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
whoa momma those dreads look amazingu started them since joining here tight i added a thread in the picture gallery section cakled dreadlocks started since dreadlockssite started )haha) and would love these addedyour dreads are so beautiful u should be proud(and i know your hubhby thinks your 1 sexy momma so im expecing another daughter and haircolor change soon too haha)they look soooooo goooooood

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yes please add 1 or moreand i wasnt picking up on a sporit baby as much as thinking your hubby wouldnt be able to keep his hands off ya hahaand when that happens its just a matter of time b4 a spirit baby finds a body to slip into http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreadlocks-started-since theres the one to add to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

Love this timeline.. it looks like it hasn't been updated for awhile, I would love to see how it went.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form