Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

13 Years ~ Livity and Overstanding

ampy
@ampy
5 years ago
4 posts

Wha gwan bredren an sistren!  Blessed be the Lord God Almighty for his mercy and truth.  Just wanted to share my journey to you all and hopefully inspire those to continue with the loc journey. 

It takes patience, wisdom and overstanding to overcome.  Lots of social anxiety came from this but in the end worth every moment.  You learn more about yourself and who you are with the help of the Holy Spirit guiding you through the toughest times.

Started off by neglecting my hair for the first 2 years (2007-2009)

It started to knot up quite nicely but still had a lot of loose hair going around but it didn't bother me (2009)

Some formation now with locs.  A lot of blunt tips which was really cool and what I wanted.  I probably got them because I road my bike a lot so the sweat matted the tips nicely not to mention a lot of congos happening. (2010-2011)

More length now with new hairs growing along side it (2011, excuse the ripped shorts... from my bike saddle)

A better view of how they are coming along.  Friends from work called them cat poop lol! (2011-2012)

My mom and I chilling.  She approves but she doesn't like em.  (2013)

From 2011 to 2013 a lot of growth and maturing happened.  Not sure if this was my peak or not.  Also, the shrinkage started. 

Brothers and sisters all together for once.  More length now and fuller to my surprise. (2014)

Typical "I woke up this way" picture (2016)

So this is where the journey starts to take a turn.  2016-2017, a lot of length is now visible but a lot of my blunt tips have now turned into whisps.  I don't mind it but I feel like it's a sign of trouble?

And the most recent showing it's length (2018) but the whisps need to go...

Hope you all enjoyed this and are inspired to continue.  I'll keep updating as time comes, I just hate taking pictures lol.

Blessings!

Jan

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome they look awesome but just a heads up.. LEAVE THE WHISPS ALONE!! whispy ends let water out blunt ends hold it in the drying time can be 5 times slower with  blunt tips

they look amazing and perfect and wouldn't change a thing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TashTash
@tashtash
5 years ago
76 posts
Amazing hair! Definitely inspired 😊 thanks for sharing this.
ampy
@ampy
5 years ago
4 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

welcome they look awesome but just a heads up.. LEAVE THE WHISPS ALONE!! whispy ends let water out blunt ends hold it in the drying time can be 5 times slower with  blunt tips

they look amazing and perfect and wouldn't change a thing

Thanks Soaring Eagle!  

I'll take your advice for the whisps!  After you mentioned the drying process, I do remember when my tips were naturally blunt around the 4-5 year mark and WOW, what a drying process that was lol.  

From now on i'll let them do their thing and just stay positive.

Blessings!

ampy
@ampy
5 years ago
4 posts

TashTash: Amazing hair! Definitely inspired 😊 thanks for sharing this.

Hey TashTash,

No problem!  It's a blessing to know that you've been inspired by this.  I hope to see your progress in the next few years!

Stay blessed and stay patient sistren!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

+i'm at 28 years  most of mine have been whispy all along, a few blunted, te blunt ones dry way slower

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
5 years ago
91 posts

@ampy  Thanks for your inspiring post.  I,ve been brushless for nearly a year and got mainly a few blunt ends/dread balls and a few wis  I think some will end up

like your cat poops too! lol...   I'm glad yours seen to have gone wispy, as I hope mine will eventually (only 12 years to wait).  

Ru a musician? if so what instrument/style?  

Your dreads are awesome by the way....

ampy
@ampy
5 years ago
4 posts

Gazzunger the Grey:

@ampy  Thanks for your inspiring post.  I,ve been brushless for nearly a year and got mainly a few blunt ends/dread balls and a few wis  I think some will end up

like your cat poops too! lol...   I'm glad yours seen to have gone wispy, as I hope mine will eventually (only 12 years to wait).  

Ru a musician? if so what instrument/style?  

Your dreads are awesome by the way....

Blessings bredren!!

Glad to be an inspiration to your journey.  The whisps will soon come your way :D

I play drums and my style ranges really.  I play anything from jazzy, soulful, r&b, one drop (roots reggae), drum and bass (jungle), rock steady, rock, you name it!  I'm not as fundamental though as I play with more feeling, though i wish i stayed in marching band to learn rudiments.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form