Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just plain mean

Dready Dharma
@dready-dharma
11 years ago
2 posts
Hi @Noodle-Doo ! I'm going to get up pictures, and want to blog a little or something about my experience. I gotta give back some of the love and sharing I've received here.
JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts
I said they are racist from a certain point of view. There was a sense of absurdity there, I mean seriously to say two races are completely racist and mean it all encompassing?I'm not too concerned at the length

Brad Spitt said:

It seems i took what you said totally different to what you sayyou may have ment. No i dont have to accept going against the robots of masses means i deserve to be harrassed.I didnt accept what was taught to me by schools and the system that we all must be the same and not be different.No i dont and will not accept we should be tolerent of racism,maybe i must be tolerent the next time i see a skinhead beating on a immigrant and 'say hey its cool man,i must not get angry, let it all be'.. I wont bow down to the sheeple brainwashed theory of being tolerant to hatred,i will speak up and express my thoughts. I will read into things as most who say not to are protecting the real agenda. And when a black man says all blacks and hispanic are racist i take it your saying your racist so i assume you would judge me as your judging every one in both races or are you the only one who is not racist out of the word 'all'?,i just took what you said man. And if your worried about how long this thread is getting,why you commenting on what everyone says.. See you put stuff out there and it can be taken in many ways

Nicole V.
@nicole-v
11 years ago
4 posts

I recently came across someone's entire BLOG dedicated to "dreaded white people"... and it is not nice. Hate comes from all types, I suppose...

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Striving for a peaceful state of mind and a peaceful world does not mean you cannot protect some one who is in danger, a soul who is well practiced can act in the right way without losing their state of peacefulness, or can at least return to it quickly. I, personaly would not ignore some one in danger, but, I believe I would try and be as swift as possible, for instance, martial artists, at least to my understanding practice a state of calm mind. You can act without losing it. Not without alot of practice though, that is why it does seem possible to many people, it is not a common state of mind. I am in no position to help a country physically, I send my love, always. A ninety year old yogi cannot help a man or women being attacked physically, you need to know where you can help and where you can't (physically, we can always help with love). Vibrations of love is sometimes all we can do. The world is in a state of decay, a great change will happen, that change will not happen with my hands or any other man or women. Love is an action, I think the most powerful one.

updated by @tim5: 07/23/15 02:06:03PM
Zachariah
@zachariah
11 years ago
7 posts

"Let me begin by explaining that I am not saying this to be a mean ol black hair elitist, Im saying it to be nice." lol riiiight.

Kerry LoCo
@kerry-loco
11 years ago
46 posts

I saw that a few months ago before I started my dreads. Yes, it bothered me at first until I remembered that every stereotype has its roots in a little bit of truth, as painful as it sounds. I hope one day the author will meet whites with dreads that fall outside of the stereotype and change the author's mind.

Christine Tiffany Smith
@christine-tiffany-smith
11 years ago
15 posts

its stupid how stupid people can be, can u wrote something with gatheringor researchingeverything about it.and so very racist in this day and age.... learn to accept and respect your fellow humans.

Zachariah
@zachariah
11 years ago
7 posts

the point? Most likely. that's why it's kind of a hoot that the post starts off with basically "hey just to let you know, I'm not being exactly how I'm about to be" as if whoever wrote it was being kind and covering our backs or something. If this person goes around 'snipping off peoples dreads on the bus when they are sitting in front of them with scissors'. That does nothing lol. they'll just grow back. If someone snips one of your dreads off like that, give them a hug

Noodle-Doo said:

Zachariah said:

"Let me begin by explaining that I am not saying this to be a mean ol black hair elitist, Im saying it to be nice." lol riiiight.

Do you think 'elitist' could be the main point here? With globalisation, and everyone picking up things they like from other cultures, people get defensive about what they see as their own cultural territory?

Like the Indigo thing k8ekate - will have to look into that more :)

Thanks Tim. I see where you're coming from, that's really one to think about long term. (Ha, ha, I wouldn't mess with a 90 year old Shaolin, or an 8 year old for that matter!)

JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

Thank you Kerry,

Kerry LoCo said:

I saw that a few months ago before I started my dreads. Yes, it bothered me at first until I remembered that every stereotype has its roots in a little bit of truth, as painful as it sounds. I hope one day the author will meet whites with dreads that fall outside of the stereotype and change the author's mind.

JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

Rook Bee said:

Guys can i say...i think the person who wrote this is firstly female, jealous, probably has shite hair, violent, clueless of history (actually anything abut locs) and yes is racist, yes does have a point on the stereotypical side of things but isfar from factual here. We are alll going waaay overboarrd.

Totally agree Java "

I never said anyone deserves to be harassed, but rather if one is then they shouldn't be offended. When you purposely choose to go against society there are some consequences. Being in Australia is different than the USA, so take things with a grain of salt.

No by reaching a mutual end means you can accept what they say as their point of view, in truer words, tolerance. One doesn't need to betray anything to tolerate another. Why would I judge you? That is an assumption. You are totally entitled to your opinion and world view. However don't read into things, that is one reason this thread is so long. If you read again when I was mentioning mutual end, it was in regard to helping people understand your point of view."
We have to accept locs arent really "accepted" by most...if we cant accept / get over the critism that WILL come with dreads then we shouldnt have them reaallly!

Brad: Don't you think that dreading your hair is quite rebellious..thus bringing a broad range of critism for us to learn to tolerate and deal with peacefully? you seem so uptight that anyone wuld ever say dreads aare dirty....its the biggest misconception of them!

You say "I must reach a mutual end' with them? is that to agree to what they say and betray my own beliefs and accept that hate and racism(dont matter what race you are) is acceptable?"

It would help you to find that innner peace that doesnt agree with this discrimination but that can see it thru the eyes of the hater to their words, partially understand their thoughts and even if anything pity / sympathise with their closed minded view...then return to comfort that you know better...dont let it infect you with anger....find peace in your own knowledge :)

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form