80 posts
like i said i do not belive in triming dreadlocks lino sanchez said:
why not just cut them shorter?

updated by @apollo: 07/23/15 03:39:05PM
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
whahwhahWHAaAAAAT?!damn man u got sum sickly locks goin on there tooto each is own, so if you feel it is NECESSARY then thats all you brotheri agreee alot with what didj is tryin to get atid jus recomend a good amount of conemplation on the matter from all different perspectives.Oh and in the picture i'd say you look just as proper compared to all the other kids, if not MORE proper hahahahhaaNamaste
Matthew2
@matthew2
15 years ago
6 posts
I've already said it once and I'll say it again.I've had to cut mine, too. I understand.Do it, man. All the power in the world to you. I hope that you get them back someday.
Karma Jane
@karma-jane
15 years ago
39 posts
if you are going to cut them and you want to save some hair, cut them shorter, and then cut UP the middle of whats left of the lock and pick the hair out of the center... but if you dont care about that, then i would just cut where the root is loose with scissors..
Apollo
@apollo
15 years ago
80 posts
yeah man i agree i thought over this but it needs to happen AliveAsTheDead said:
I agree with Ouroboros. Conformity is a sad fact of modern life, but we can't sit here and act like if he cuts his hair, he's not being true to himself. I think he probably thought about it enough before posting the idea for all of us to read...I can't imagine being in a position to cut my hair for an extra curricular activity, but if his dedication is to the band, and he can let go of his hair, then there's not much else to say on the matter. Fighting the system is admirable in my opinion, but not everyone is cut out to do it.
Apollo
@apollo
15 years ago
80 posts
i never belived in triming dreadlocks Karma Jane said:
if you are going to cut them and you want to save some hair, cut them shorter, and then cut UP the middle of whats left of the lock and pick the hair out of the center... but if you dont care about that, then i would just cut where the root is loose with scissors..
William
@william
15 years ago
15 posts
dreadlocks are more than just hair, and obviously you know that... YOU are NOT your band hat. I have to agree with Didjeridurian on this one... Uniforms are not YOU. I don't know you, but your face and your dreads give off a really great glow together - the type of vibe that the world needs. Honestly, your dreads are amazing!!! NO to conformity. I'm sorry if this isn't the right thing you want to hear right now, but i had to give my 2 cents.Seems like you have already made your decision though. Anyhow, it isn't the end of the world. If you are 150% HAPPY with your decision, then go for it!Peace Love Truth and Light brother.
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
If we allow these philistine authoritarians to steal our individuality, we are reinforcing their delusions and making it harder for the next generation. We must take advantage of these opportunities to create the world that we want to be a part of instead of compromising our birthright only to play in a game that we can't win.Nature makes no duplicates. Duplicates are MANufactured by the manipulative suppression of nature. Freedom is real and natural and oppression is a creation of the mind, a delusion. The more "uniform" this world becomes the further we are taken from nature. When we lose sight of nature we are open to the delusion of oppression. If we allow ourselves to experience nature in every aspect of our lives we will never lose our sense of natural freedom, and oppression will exist only as a great cosmic joke.Every great freedom movement in this age began with groups of people who came together for a common idea, but each person expressed their interpretation of that idea in a unique way. The individual expression of the same inherent idea provided all the power of that movement.In order for the powers that be to squash that movement they used the media to, very subtly, begin giving a label and a set of absolute characteristics to these groups and all members thereof.The result was that any new comers to the movement were trained to take on a certain set of characteristics and appearances and in so doing created a sort of "uniform" for that movement. Once the movement became saturated with this absolute defenition, this uniform, it lost all of its power and eventually became exploited as a "trend" before anyone even knew what happened.Pay close attention to your actions in this world. When you choose to break out of the box, don't get fooled into stepping into just a larger box with cleaner glass.Do what you need to do Apollo. As I said before I fully support YOUR decision. But I can not support a decision that someone else has made and that you carried out.As someone already said, it is just hair, it is not you. With that i fully agree. If someone decides that THEY don;t want that anymore, then by all means... However, when the decision is made to satisfy a completely ARBITRARY dictation that perpetuates a system of Fascist control, I must protest.I understand that it is ONLY a school marching band. But we need to seize the opportunities to crush the little snowballs instead of waiting for them to become an avalanche that is finally big enough for our attention, but now seemingly impossible for us to stop.
Apollo
@apollo
15 years ago
80 posts
i really do enjoy what your saying it really does make me happymy dreadlocks are apart of me but certain things have to happen and this is one of them William said:
dreadlocks are more than just hair, and obviously you know that... YOU are NOT your band hat. I have to agree with Didjeridurian on this one... Uniforms are not YOU. I don't know you, but your face and your dreads give off a really great glow together - the type of vibe that the world needs. Honestly, your dreads are amazing!!! NO to conformity. I'm sorry if this isn't the right thing you want to hear right now, but i had to give my 2 cents.
Seems like you have already made your decision though. Anyhow, it isn't the end of the world. If you are 150% HAPPY with your decision, then go for it!
Peace Love Truth and Light brother.
Apollo
@apollo
15 years ago
80 posts
thank's my friend i really do know where your trying to put this and i thank soo much!i know its a marching band but its something that i love a lot. and what i do in it,which is play the trumpet is something i just love. Giving up my dreadlocks is HUGE for me they have been apart of me for such a long time i have seen them grow long and strong! Everyday i wondered when they would ever get to the length they are today? Everyone i know know's me for my dreadlocks. They loved them and i did have those people who said there rude things. That never got to me thoughBut this is a step in my life im "never" ever going to forget and i really love the support im getting from youthank you so muchApollo Didjeridurian said:
If we allow these philistine authoritarians to steal our individuality, we are reinforcing their delusions and making it harder for the next generation. We must take advantage of these opportunities to create the world that we want to be a part of instead of compromising our birthright only to play in a game that we can't win.
Nature makes no duplicates. Duplicates are MANufactured by the manipulative suppression of nature. Freedom is real and natural and oppression is a creation of the mind, a delusion. The more "uniform" this world becomes the further we are taken from nature. When we lose sight of nature we are open to the delusion of oppression. If we allow ourselves to experience nature in every aspect of our lives we will never lose our sense of natural freedom, and oppression will exist only as a great cosmic joke.
Every great freedom movement in this age began with groups of people who came together for a common idea, but each person expressed their interpretation of that idea in a unique way. The individual expression of the same inherent idea provided all the power of that movement.
In order for the powers that be to squash that movement they used the media to, very subtly, begin giving a label and a set of absolute characteristics to these groups and all members thereof.
The result was that any new comers to the movement were trained to take on a certain set of characteristics and appearances and in so doing created a sort of "uniform" for that movement. Once the movement became saturated with this absolute defenition, this uniform, it lost all of its power and eventually became exploited as a "trend" before anyone even knew what happened.
Pay close attention to your actions in this world. When you choose to break out of the box, don't get fooled into stepping into just a larger box with cleaner glass.

Do what you need to do Apollo. As I said before I fully support YOUR decision. But I can not support a decision that someone else has made and that you carried out.
As someone already said, it is just hair, it is not you. With that i fully agree. If someone decides that THEY don;t want that anymore, then by all means... However, when the decision is made to satisfy a completely ARBITRARY dictation that perpetuates a system of Fascist control, I must protest.
I understand that it is ONLY a school marching band. But we need to seize the opportunities to crush the little snowballs instead of waiting for them to become an avalanche that is finally big enough for our attention, but now seemingly impossible for us to stop.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form