Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreams where your dreads were GONE?!

DankDani
@dankdani
13 years ago
1 posts

So, I've been dreading for 3 months now, and for the last month I started having these dreams where I didn't have dreadies anymore! This last one I had, about a week ago, was me getting out of the shower and looking in the mirror and having pin straight hair! And every time I wake up I'm just like... "wtf?"

I don't know what they could mean or be telling me but I do know that ever since my mother saw me for the first time in 7 months WITH dreads she flipped shit and now everytime I talk to her there isn't ONE conversation between the two of us where she mentions hating my dreads and that I should cut them off ): That makes me sad, because I just want her to accept me for who I am and what I love! And I love my dreads so much, I would never think to cut the, that would be destroying a part of my heart...

Any thoughts, comments, opinions?

Feel free to share! <3

updated by @dankdani: 01/13/15 08:53:50PM
Steaze McGee
@steaze-mcgee
13 years ago
40 posts
I get these dreams every now and again. The toughest one was one that was about the first dread I made myself. It is in the front of my head and i did it by teasing the hair without a comb and with my hands. I love this dread a lot. I love them all but I always remember the first. Well in my dream only this dread was cut and a patch remained where it was.I don't know how to interpret these dreams but there may be a mixture of anxiety and love. Love of starting this new us, and anxiety about not knowing what this new us will entail. I also do not believe we are the only ones in our dreams and others thoughts and opinions pass into our dreams. This could be the feeling of your mother or of mine who at first accepted them only because I was her son. Mothers are always weary of change. I once heard that if you want to hurt people's opinion of you, you must be great to prove that what you are doing is important. Then we are ever only ourselves and they figure out that it was they who were judging, sometimes falsely, sometimes without knowledge, all along.I do not know how to interpret the dreams but I am waiting for my dreads to become a positive force in my dreams. I will really enjoy that.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

took my mom 15 yeasrs to accept mine so i know how that feels

the dreams are normal your sub consouse is not aware of the changes in your hair

ive been in a wheelchair fir 20 years now but in dreams its rare if theres a chair there

your dream self and real reality self can be 2 diferent things and peiople u dsee in dreams might be someone other then what they seem

have u neverseen a guy in your dreams with pink hair and dressed like a clown and knew it was actualy someone else u knew who was a stuck up yuppy thast u never saw out of a suite and tie?

even yiurself might not be yourself but u recognise it as you somehow

just like the hair on your head might not be the hair on your head but u recognise itr as yours

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rae
@rae
13 years ago
74 posts

I was JUST thinking about this!!

I never have dreads in my dreams. I've been dreading almost 5 months now and can't imagine myself with out them, but in my dreams I just don't have them. I don't really think about not having them, I don't miss them or anything; I don't suddenly have nothing, or "normal" hair. Actually the hair I have in dreams now is short (mid ear length) and messy (curly, frizzy, knotted, just messy,). I guess that's how I see my hair some days, just a big frizzy mess, though I do love my baby dreads.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form