Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Looking to start dread locks

jacob bonilla
@jacob-bonilla
11 years ago
1 posts

Hello, I am new here not sure what to even call the process of turning your hair into dread locks. Anyways I have been growing my hair out for a few months now I want to experiment with my hair. I do not know ehere to start. I have a few questions idk where to post them on this forum this seems like the best place for now.

1. Can you do your own hair? I do not want to ask others to help me with this process mainly because it will either be costly or They might say no. such as my parents/siblings they have a habit of telling me what to not do with my own hair.

2. what should my hair length be at when starting? mine is pretty

3. what is a good method for starting? I have watch a youtube video on the crochet method where they get the hook and pretty much tangle up the hair problem is i do not like the tangled up look like it has been in the dryer and got tangled up and frizzed up. is their another method i could use thats easy to make it look nice or does the method not matter?

4. when starting how do you shower? won't it come undone?

5. how long does it take to look decent? since school is ending i think this will be a good time to start so when i go back to school my hair won't look bad.

6. are their any special products that is a "must" for dread locks especially for say showering? If so could you briefly explain what they do.

7. is their anything you have come across such as the way people treat you just because you have dreads? i used to grow my facial hair out and people started treating me very rudely because of how i looked. Wondered if this is the same way for dread locks.

updated by @jacob-bonilla: 01/13/15 09:52:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

1 u can do them yourself or let them do them themselcves goibg to a pr\o is not only expensive but the worse mistake you can make

2 4-6 inches u can start going natural at bald probly wont dread till 6

\3 crochets 1 of the worse methods naturals best (alow the hair to tangle and knot on its own) then twist n rip then backcomb anythying below backcomb is not recomended in fact backcombs not recomended but falls just above the avoid at all cost line at tge very bottom of the list is interlocking wax crochet and felting these are thre worse of the worse.. i suggest you look at timelines here if you dont like frizze tangles u will not like dreads theyy have to be frozzy and tangled to be healthy crochet after crochet looks the least frizzy and tangkled but is the most severely damagesd so after u stop as it recovers it gets extreme frixzz from the broken hairs
.. the best method u alow it to get messy then dread its a journety of acceptence and patience

4 washing is all u need to do to dread it tangkles most afrter a wash if u dont do nothing nothing comes undone it just happens till done, however what u do will come undone at least partialy or totalty untill you let it happen but fo r 1st m0nths it loosens b4 it toightens

5 this deopends also depends on your idea of decent most ppl going natural feel they never looked better from the day they stopped combing others feel they need to hide it till mature when out in public

6 6 only must is a dread soap like www.dreadlockshampoo.com or a rdread friendly soalk like the baking soda recipe must avoids are most other products for dreads especialy waxes

7 99% will treat u with immence respect and admiration 1% will hit u hard with a heavy dose of bad additi=]ude ignorance and downright contempt what type person are u the tiype thst has 10,00 say your cute and 1 single person says your ugly and u dwell on that 1 and let yourself feel ugly? dreads filter out the worthless superficial morons but really atrat to u deeper more meaningful connections

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form