Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Maintenance

Bossman11
@bossman11
11 years ago
16 posts
Unfourtanetly I in the past retwisted and used wax. I feel like my hair has stop growing and its thinning in the middle. However my roots aren't thin. Is it two late to fix my dreads I have quite a few like the ones in my picture.
updated by @bossman11: 01/13/15 09:51:10PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

If you get the wax out, they can be saved. The thin parts will eventually snap. It's a fact of life. I've had 2 that snapped in places. When they get damaged from retwisting, or palm rolling, or interlocks, or wax, etc... they run that risk. When you get the wax out, they have a chance of puffing up and getting thicker, which can lead to more places for frizzies to hold those fragile parts onto your locks.

But there's just as good of a chance that the process of getting the wax out, will break a few of those sections off. But as long as the wax is in, you have a HUGE chance of growing mold/mildew, and having your hair rot while stuck to your head. It's not pretty. I had my first set rot because of wax. It's just what wax does.

To help protect them, I'd recomend using the BS/ACV wash. It's a no-touch wash, so you don't have to worry about rubbing your locks and causing more damage

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well im not so sure about the bs/acv the dreadlockshampoo will keep them stronger and healthier i understand yor reasoning just not sure if the bs willhelp them go stronger in the other discussion i explained a way to fuse the weak spots hopefully and make them strong again..hopefully..

but removing wax should be top priority as well as washing more and stopping all rwisting

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bossman11
@bossman11
11 years ago
16 posts
Does the dreadlockshampoobars remove wax
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

The bars, themselves, don't remove wax. To get rid of wax, you need a detergent. Those bars, nor the liquid soap are detergents. But dreadlockshampoo does sell a great wax remover that works faster, and is easier to use than dish soap for getting wax cleaned out

Bossman11
@bossman11
11 years ago
16 posts
Thanks for the great i just ordered the wax be gone so should I stop with the bars and wash with the wax be gone by itself until wax is gon?
Bossman11
@bossman11
11 years ago
16 posts
And can I still mix essential oils with the wax remover I finally got my hands on tea tree lavender and rosemary
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u can but probly better to use em after the wax removers tested as is adding oils mayh change the propertoes and reduce effectiveness

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bossman11
@bossman11
11 years ago
16 posts
Thanks se would I need to use the whole entire bottle?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form