Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new here

jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

sooo i finally joined this site yay but had a question i know i should of been using avc after bs wash but didnt for the first month and now my hairs looking a lil thin in some spots and scalp is kinda dry which is weird to my cause i naturally have oily hair i did have back combed dreads before but felt like i was cheating so i restarted the back combed mess i took out came out with a lot of hair too soo im asking is can a too alkaline scalp make your hair fall out and if soo if i just start doin the avc rinse should it go back to normal?

updated by @jedi-dreads: 01/13/15 09:50:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i would definatly then maybe switch to dreadlockampoo maybe since u fried it a bit but contimue lil afv for a couple weeks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Only 1 month wouldn't do that much damage. Sure, over an extended time it would. But the itching would drive you nuts before it got so bad as to make hair fall out like that. The BS, since it is a base, is why your hair is dry. Oily hair is a sign that your hair is a bit too acidic. When you start introducing ACV, do it EXTREMELY slowly. I mean, once a week, mix 1 tbls in a gallon of water. If you hair stays dry after a few weeks of this, do it twice a week (same amount). Again, in a few weeks, do it every wash. As your locks mature, you can mess with using a little more ACV each time. Find that ratio that works for you and still keeps your scalp from getting oily.

What your probably seeing is the damage from back combing. That method, while alright to use, does considerable harm. when you take them out, you see how many hairs broke.

jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

yea im thinking it may have been because of the back combing i think my hair was pulled to tight for to long had them in for two months i had a scab on my head afterwards =/ but i think ill start using the acv a lil at a time to get it back to normal

jedi dreads
@jedi-dreads
11 years ago
28 posts

so in totally i was washing my hair with bs for 3 months now

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form